888 Forever

This is a great throw. And thanks to Andre for upping the level to get the extra skyline. A great throw both of them. Love the godzilla in the skyline. Again, Thanks Andre, you’re the best. And special thanks to Ben for letting me throw it at Worlds.

1 Like

these will be my first ti throws. i’m reeaaallllyy looking forward to this package…

3 Likes

Mine has been chilling in Arizona since last Friday. It was supposed to be here yesterday, it finally moved a step closer today!

1 Like

I had one. Still regret selling it. :sleepy:
Aqua, large bearing.

2 Likes

Anyone know if these Ti888 will be selling anywhere for those not fortunate to realize this project was happening?

2 Likes

They’ll be releasing to retail stores soon for $300

1 Like

I`m so jealous for you guys, who lives in USA, because mine will travel to me for a couple of weeks :frowning:

1 Like

Just received my Ti888 package in the mail. Out of the ones posted here, I did not get a skyline with the monster engraving on it.

3 Likes

No way man, that’s a shame. I’ve heard some backers don’t have the monster engraving on theirs. Mine is going to take a while to get here and not going to lie, I’ll be a little gutted if it doesn’t come with the king of the monsters on it.

i remember it saying it was going to be random, so i don’t think all backers were going to get it…

in the interim, usps has mine in transit to the next facility, still… lol… i could take the disney dumbo ride to @Egon in an hour, and his is spinning… i just hope the next facility is my house… patience is a virtue alas… just not my strongest…

however, i want to give mad props to ben and his team for pulling this off for us, much appreciated @yyfben2.deactivated… i can only imagine the effort you all put into this!

2 Likes

Selling mine. It’s not doing anything for me.

I have to say I am … mildly disappointed with my Ti 888. The center weight (inevitable with hubstacks) is tough to get around, and that weight layout doesn’t seem to complement a titanium yo-yo in my mind.

Maybe that’s just how it is with a small, organic hubstacked throw?

3 Likes

A very real possibility. My only example of such a thing was a 2010 888, which I mildly enjoyed. I also cannot seem to find any tricks that utilize the stacks other than simple grinds.

1 Like

In my opinion, I don’t see the titanium 888 as something that was really meant to take full advantage of the material. The titanium 888 is really just a fun, relaxed yoyo. It doesn’t have the insanely thin walls seen in a lot of high performance titanium yoyos and the massive amounts of rim weight. The titanium 888 was however, designed to feel like the original 888, and I feel that Yoyofactory hit that right on the mark. Does it need to be titanium? Nah, but it definitely is very cool.

14 Likes

The engraving was a special easter egg. I believe only 1 out of 10 had them.

4 Likes

The 888 forever is more of a celebration of the legacy of the 888, not an overall improvement on it. I feel like if Ben would have modernized it, it would end up looking more like the redesigned Boss they did a few years back.

5 Likes

Right but my beef is that making it out of Ti kinda… made it worse? I mean it is not terrible or anything but by Ti yo-yo standards it is wayy wayyy down the list.

It’s a design from 2007. Regardless of the material, it’s not exactly going to be a top performer by today’s standards.

4 Likes

Blue cheese, balsamic vinaigrette, thousand island, ranch or buttermilk?

When more of the Ti 888 Forever yoyos get into the hands that are more interested in actually playing with the yo-yo before they pee in the Punchbowl.

When you eat your shoes; your salad dressing awaits you.

“888forever is the transcended form of one of the most iconic yoyos ever made. And it will last forever”.

4 Likes

I don’t think it made it worse. In fact I think I does play better than the old 888. Perhaps your expectations were set on the material, and not the design.

7 Likes