888 Forever

What does tiss stand for? Titanium/stainless steel?

2 Likes

yes it does

3 Likes

Bleh I remember in 07 when everyone wanted an Aqua 888. Only team members of YYF got special colors to show off.

Ended up buying a Mint Aqua 888 + an Oxy4 w marks bc no ano but still great condition. He had them listed $110 and $150.

So I remember talking him down to $130 on the oxy and he was so nice he did $200 for it all.

So I did a few trades. Next one I remember is a stealth 888, small bearing, didn’t like it and was supposed to be “hardcoat” but looked like it would chip easy idk.

** who remembers the Highwall 07 888?**

I think I got my hands on an Aqua by trading my stealth, both were mint. I loved it.

Then I saw that All Yo had a run of 40, some were highwall, I was thinking 20, could be 10 who knows could be 40 lol.

The dude wanted $150 and told me mine was worth $120 (888s sold over retail even non mint).

I threw in a Night Moves 4 w some small damage since I wasn’t a fan and it always bit on me, scuicides were impossible.

So now I had an 07 All Yo 888 1/40 highwall I could never find out but all weren’t highwall I think I remembered.

That yoyo was 59 grams and spun like a tank while going super fast!!

Was sad I never got an Ocho,Yoyopeople,Higby, Dragon, Celtic, Steve Brown and ofc Yuuki Quake which I doubt any 07s of the quakes will ever pop up.

Saw the 08 888, sucks no ano but I’m a sucker. $120 vs $100, kinda steep. LB was Sold Out had to get SB but I liked it quite a bit.

**Also had a Lilith Pink Project Mint or VNM, posted and got like 30 offers, best one I saw was a1/1 Mint LB 08 888, Unengraved, Silverman w Gold Flakes in there that the pic didn’t do justice, it was very similar to Boxthors “h8h8h8” except the color was off fairly noticeably, also no green hubstacks, these had clea r.

Also boxthors 08 h8h8h8s weren’t hardcoat, which this one was.

Never saw one and still have it, still so smooth and special.

Have had other 888s. Got a beat to hell Augie Small Bearing 07 888 as a throw in, got a sanded rims 888x for $20, not bad.

Had a Jason Lee 888.11 which I was trying to get the set and that was an epic fail.

Oh well got it for $55 sold for $80 was a great yoyo and artwork was great just 888.11 lacked anything specia l.

1 more story…

Was checking out a sell lost hella anal guy, but that meant awesome condition yoyos.

This is back when the MVP was close to a year old and I think it was like $129.

He had a list of high ballers. Some high demand colorway chiefs, sebby peak, 1/1 Canvas he prob kept or lowered from $300.

Next was a list of like 20 yoyos “$50 ea or 2/$75”

so I asked for the MVP for $40 quick “no”

Okay I’ll take this weird grey 888 too.

Was listed as an 080808 888, which I know what those are but those were heavy really really shiny ano, the one I got was not only just clear ano but was small bearing, which was Sold on Japanese sites but in black.

Had all of the signature marks of all the past 07 and some 08 888s. This thing takes weird small Kentaro Pads, never threw it enough to need to change it.

Anyways I believe it’s a 1/1 too. Btw no B grade marks on either

The 09 I gave to my gf she loves it, it’s even smaller in width vs all other 888s and height too.

The Gold 1 I might trade for a great offer, maybe a mint 07 quake hahaha no but Steve Brown and I’ll add, serious!

3 Likes

So the Ti 888 is happening, it does have hubstacks, and they are starting an indie gogo campaign for it just like the Dream. The campaign starts today. Will be interesting to see this play out.

EDIT: You can get your hand on one of these bad boys for 200 wing wangs, with a release seeming to be in October.

6 Likes

A link would have been nice.

4 Likes
6 Likes

what is different about the 888x

1 Like

People don’t like that one.

That’s the biggest difference as far as I can tell.

7 Likes

Made in China

3 Likes

No all yoyo were highwall as far as I know. The only highwalls were 50 large bearing aqua and 20 small bearing silver. I have a silver small bearing highwall and it’s fun for me. This is according to Ben’s page on the 888.

3 Likes

The 888x was intentionally designed to be more stable and beginner friendly at the expense of the fun nimbleness of earlier 888s.

7 Likes

I had a high wall Aussie Gold large bearing '07.

4 Likes

Guess there are more.

1 Like

Sweet I just got a reimbursement for a favor I did @WickerWraith in January so I was able to jump on this sweet, sweet 888 Ti :steam_locomotive:

5 Likes

just backed it!

2 Likes

I didn’t think I’d ever throw a yo-yo as smooth as an OG Torrent. This yoyo is. If not for the Ti sound I wouldn’t know if it was spinning or not.

YYF and @yyfben2.deactivated nailed this one.

14 Likes

gaaggghhh!!! i’m seeing these pics, my tracking still says updating… lol!

classic…check 20 minutes later and it’s updated… heehaw!

1 Like

Got mine yesterday! Being an hour away from YYF didn’t hurt. Super smooth I love both of them. Wish I didn’t get a gold Skyline if anyone wants to trade!

8 Likes

you got the monstah though!

or, correct me if i’m wrong… i thought the monster in the skyline was going to be at random, or will it be on the skylines of all of the backers’? it doesn’t matter to me color or otherwise… monstahs are cool thogh!

1 Like

Did not notice the atomic monster art, looks really cool! Hopefully they all have it.

2 Likes