7 Titaniums

Dilly dilly my friends!

I have a small collection of titaniums I would like to share with you all. I have spent many years hunting these down and have countless hours spent with each (besides the TiWalker), and I thought some of you may find a comparison interesting. First off, I’m not a great player, but I’m also not a collector, and so these things get used a lot, but probably not to their full potential. This isn’t a review. I’m just throwing out my opinion on what makes all these amazing throws unique. Enough yammering, let’s get to it.

Luftverk/CLYW Ti Peak

It’s a Peak. It’s titanium. It’s amazing. While I find it to be the least stable of this list, it has loads of power and actually plays like a lighter yo-yo. I don’t think it’s meant for high speeds, but if you’re good (which I’m not) it is very possible to do speed combos. I love using this for more relaxed sessions. I’ve never played an OG Peak, but I can say this thing does not feel like a Peak 2, and that’s a good thing in my (probably unpopular) opinion.

2Sick Rook

Probably my least favorite of the bunch, but that isn’t to say it’s a bad throw at all. I had the black coated version but it ate 3 strings in 10min then went into my wall (like INTO my wall). The Rook was spotless though and made a beautiful ting when it pierced the drywall like a knife. The coating seen here is much smoother. Plays fast but doesn’t get the best spin times. I find myself picking this up less and less lately, but still an awesome throw.

YYR Dazzler

Full size play in a small size throw. It plays with a little more heft than you’d think for the size, but not a rock at all. It handles anything I can throw at it (or can throw it at) with ease. Loads of power, spins for days, and play at whatever speed you feel like. She prefers to go high speed though. :ok_hand: I find the stability is what keeps me coming back to it. I can’t think of any many other throws this size with this kind of stability.

YYR Seventh Heaven

Basically a titanium Sleipner. If you’ve played a Sleipner you’re not missing out imo. Yes it plays amazing, but honestly I don’t see a huge difference between its aluminum counterpart. I feel this may be an unpopular opinion, but for the price I wouldn’t try hunting one of these down. The Sleipner is already amazing (and expensive) enough.

Luftverk/CLYW Tundra

The most played of all my titaniums by far. It’s a great all-rounder. It plays at whatever speed you want and does it with loads of spin time and stability. The AMS is also the best coating I’ve ever seen on a titanium. If you can find one (don’t ask me) get it! Also the best of this list at fingerspins (for those of you who actually think fingerspins are cool. :no_mouth:)

VsNYYC TiWalker

I just acquired this beauty last week and have not put it down since. The hype surrounding this thing for so many years is justifiable. While I’ve only had a week with it, I find it plays very similarly to the Dazzler, meaning extremely well. It’s a tad smaller than the Dazz, but they both pack a ton of performance in comfortable sizes. I wish they weren’t so rare so more people could enjoy this thing. While I’ve never had a favorite throw, I think this thing may change that.

Turning Point Diaspora

I’d say this is the best playing of my titanium collection. I think the size gives it a slight edge performance-wise over the Dazz and TiWalker, but it’s also not as nimble. I’ve only thrown a few other TPs but I have never thrown one that didn’t amaze me. I would love to try a mustang someday, but the diaspora is the ultimate player in my collection.

Thanks for reading! I know there’s a lot of debate on whether titanium is worth it, and while I certainly get that it makes more economical sense to buy multiple aluminum throws instead of one titanium, titanium gives you a very unique experience. And unless you’re a 3a player, you’re only going to be throwing one yo-yo at a time, so why not throw a titanium?!

Until next time, dilly dilly!

10 Likes

How did you get the TiWalker?

He probably payed a ton. On his BST post, it said he would pay $600

I posted here on the BST. You gotta be willing to pay the price though! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You also gotta find someone willing to part with theirs (at any price).

2 Likes

What number TiWalker did you end up with?

#67 :+1:

2 Likes

Edit: kinda sorta forgot about the Diaspora :joy:

i believe you mean “philly philly”

Well I’m actually from Pittsburgh and so I most certainly did not mean Philly Philly. Nice try though. Steelers ftw.

You hear that @yoyodoc? :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes