5A yoyo Thread

i fail, but my favorite setup is the catalyst and a takeshi dice! i dont own the catalyst anymore but still :stuck_out_tongue: i am probably getting a code 2 and a genesis soon and i heard both of those are good at 5A!

YYJ Ringmaster with a Duncan die

I’m not particularly good. But I love the style, and variety’s fun. Here are the setups that I currently have:

CLYW FG Chief, Duncan Bouncy
CLYW Sasquatch, Takeshi Dice
CLYW Glacier Express, Duncan Bouncy
YYJ Pinnacle, Duncan Bouncy
YYF G5, YYF Spin Top Button
YYF Die-Nasty, Duncan Dice
One Drop Code 1, YYF Spin Top Button
YYF Genesis, Duncan Dice
Duncan MinusMike modded FHZ, Duncan Bouncy

Not pictured: YYJ Dark Magic 2, Duncan Bouncy

it’s nice, but the Diamont Noir setup (regular dice along with the smallest of the set) does the same thing and actually succeeds at it, all while looking much better

but takeshi dice is reactive to black light

you have more metals for 5A than i have metals at all…

Freehand MG is my favorite at the moment.

I just started so I’m just using a drifter with the little skull that it came with? Would the supernova be a good throw to use I may get one cause of the discount

if you can get a supernova, get it

both supernova and genesis are designed by 5A players (respectively Tyler Severance and Miggy) both are 5A classics for competition

and they are just as amazing in 1A

i changed my mined I’m going to get the yyf mystery box later buy I’m going to find a cheaper 5a yoyo

Add the classic to my list. Anyone made any new tricks lately for 5A?

phenomizm cerberus mangaroo

most of the tricks I do in 5A are my own stuff

I’m having trouble actually bringing myself to utilize the counterweight. Right now I’m just doing modified 1a tricks.

Ta1s, octave 3 delrin, supernova.

What do you guys think of a Cascade for 5A? I just got one and might just make it my 5A metal. I got to try Jake Elliott’s Cascade with a Dice but was afraid to try anything tricky cause I didnt wanna ding it

Don’t worry about that. Same thing happened to me when I started 5a. I think it’s just getting used to holding the counterweight. Next try something easy like 360, then bee sting, then meltdown, then DoN

I’m doing DD(Double Dice) and its a blast! What about you guys?

I really love Protostar for 5A, but since mine broke I haven’t play 5A for a while.