5A May 2024 - Week 4

Bonus trick = bonus entries ? I have a tight schedule so it would be good to know.

1 Like

Ooooh, I have this one planned learning in 2A :grin: will bee good practise with cw before going with spinning loops

2 Likes

Gt 360 entry

8 Likes

Bonus Round: Secret Ladder Trick!

But wait… there’s more! Want a little extra to end the festivities?!
Just like Tenacious D said, “this was not the greatest trick ladder in the world, this was just a tribute.” Your job isn’t over yet, there’s a final boss!

You’ve unlocked the Secret Ladder Trick, and a final chance for ultimate glory! Complete the Secret Ladder Trick to earn 1 additional drawing into the Trick-a-Week prize pool.

The Secret Ladder Trick is Schway aka Thread The Needle presented by Connor Scholten. The Secret Ladder Trick is due with all other 5A May Week 4 submissions by Friday, May 31st at 11:59 Pacific Standard Time. As always, thanks for playing!

7 Likes

Connor is on another level lol. That looks like a fun bonus one.

1 Like

Here’s the Trick Ladder, Trick of the week and a brief freestyle entry.

I’ll be trying the bonus trick the coming days.

8 Likes

I see you throwing those E-fans in there!!! :smiley::+1:

Yeah one of those things that is getting more and more easy. Trying to currently learn a couple of redirects with the cw.

1 Like

Here’s a kinda crappy nunchucks

And call this one a free form entry because I don’t think I’ll be able to learn the rest with the busy weekend. Want to make sure to get what I can in before I forget!

9 Likes

Presented for your approval:

Bonus entry schway!
I have wanted to learn this since I saw doc pop do it a while ago, then recently really wanted to learn it, and with docs video of it and literally no other tutorials or videos I did put it on the backburner for after regionals was done so I could dive into that video and just watch it until I got it. Definitely thankful for Connors video on this :slight_smile: but coming off of rocky mountain regionals this weekend today I’ve barely touched a yoyo haha but I got basic version down and I’ll keep working it until I get it wicked good!

Using
SLAPPASS and gummy weight from Jake Bullock

9 Likes

A couple of the trick ladder tricks and a freeform

8 Likes

Hi all! Here’s my entry for Week 4: Full Trick Ladder, Trick-a-Week and Freeform.
Thanks to all the organizers and participants - it was cool and interesting!:bat::yo-yo::metal:

8 Likes

I noticed that most of the guys do another tangler than the one shown in the video. The one shown in the video was new for me. Do all tanglers count? I managed to learn the one presented by English tea just in case.

1 Like

I would use this tutorial instead, the tutorial linked this week is kinda weird. I’d consider it to be more of a one handed pinched pinwheel than a traditional tangler. I hadn’t actually watched the trick and just assumed because of the name that it was just supposed to be a normal tangler. The tutorial linked this week is definitely not a normal tangler.

5 Likes

I thought English Tea showed some variation. In addition, he mentioned that this is a “one-armed variation” or something like this. I still decided to try the classic version. But if this is necessary, I can post it separately, exactly as in the English Tea tutorial.

2 Likes

Tyler also showed something very similar.

5 Likes

I have the english tea version recorded and will upload it soon. (Still need to learn meltdown).

Can somebody confirm if this is the version to go with? (Talking about the entries, since I can do both versions anyway).

P.s : As a rule of thumb I follow the tuts here. This is my first 5a may and I try to stick to the rules. Did the same with e-fan. I only knew the you know who app version and had to start over in order to gain as many entries as possible.
Thanks.

1 Like

Lol! I can’t do 2 handed tanglers to save my life. So I just showed a one handed. I mean they just asked me for trick tuts so I just did the one si do frequently… I’m also the absolute worst at making tuts, so if anyone learned anything from me then you’re good!

6 Likes

Was that Rock the Baby’s Counterweight there at the end? :smiley:
Nice!!

1 Like

Yeah its my silly hubstack/5A trick. At contests gets the same reaction out of yoyoers as non yoyoers

2 Likes