5A May 2024 - Week 4

Your tutorials are more than clear. And it turns out you’ve invented a new trick😁

1 Like

I take that as a yes. Doing your version counts for ladder entries.

I know the independent tangler but your is different.

2 Likes

Finally got around to getting this done.
Please see below for my 5A May Week 4 submission.

All Tricks: Shoulder Pop, 360° Green Triangle, Tangler, Nunchucks, Grounded Meltdown (if it counts, if not, still fun) Schway aka Thread The Needle, and Freestyle Fun Times (5A Revolutions, and some secret surprises)
Bonus at the end!

Thank you all again for the months of fun and excitement, it’s been a ride and I’ve had a great time especially tapping into some of the 5A skill-sets for the first time.
It’s been real, it’s been fun, and it’s been real fun!

-YYBC Behind the Music

9 Likes

Here’s nunchucks, I can do all the others besides tangler, and I’m too lazy to learn that, and since I can’t get the second entry bc of that I’m too lazy to record shoulder pop and stuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: so here it is for me to close out 5aMay!!
Thanks so much @YoYo-Boomer-Club for putting together all these fun events!

9 Likes

Lol! Oh? Well I learned from someone at club haha so it’s Def not new.

2 Likes

And thank you. I try to point out all the nuance and important parts when I do it. I feel like I ramble sometimes though haha!

2 Likes

I’m not gonna rule lawyer anyone man. If you make it with a variation you make it bud

4 Likes

It leads pretty nicely into a bind which is how i’ve seen most players use it. I can’t really time the bind after the counterweight catch immediately though so I always end up doing one extra yoyo pinwheel into the bind, it still looks kinda nice even with this easier variation though imo.

11 Likes

Oh yeah I dig that. It adds a nice element to the flow :grin:

2 Likes

Here’s my Week 4 entry

Incomplete trick ladder because my tangler doesn’t look like a trick.
Secret ladder trick
Bonus trick that might count as a freeform?

Flying Lemon proto by Spinworthy with a long string is exactly how I like my 5A setup. You nailed it @Glenacius_K

15 Likes

My 2 and last entries for the final week.
360 and nunchuks

10 Likes

Here are all my submissions for the final week. Had a lovely time.

9 Likes

Here’s my freeform submission for week 4!

9 Likes

Here’s my ladder (all tricks) and TAW.

Going to have to work a little for Schway…

13 Likes

This is the balance for me. The Secret Ladder Trick and a Freeform entry. I’ve been working on Red Windmill for a while. I was hoping to demo a hand switch in this video but I couldn’t make it happen.

10 Likes

My Schway, aka left hand not schwayin’ :woman_facepalming:

10 Likes

Wow. It’s been a long time now. The last of 4 months of submissions. Thanks to all who made these events so amazing. And thanks to everyone who participated and hung out with us.

12 Likes

Today is the last day of 5A may :sob::sob::sob:

Let’s do another month!

“5A MAY 2 electric boogaloo in the month of June”

Because 5A is the bestest

3 Likes

Also. Bean counters. Remember I get 27 extra entries per tut video thst I did. That was the deal… Don’t go back on it.
And that crispy Jefferson I had during March is still fresh and crispy waiting to go to someone :wink:

1 Like

Boomers are taking June off.

There maybe a little something in July?

Can you send me proof of that deal please? I am not recalling agreeing to those demands.

As the resident bean counter, I have yet to be bought. My price is way higher than the prize packs combined.

Have Fun.

6 Likes