5A/Counterweight Display!

Sweet!

I believe he was stockpiling, maybe cleaning out the workspace. I remember seeing something about it but can’t find it now. Might have been another maker as well. I get my wires crossed constantly trying to keep up with boutiques on Instagram haha.

2 Likes

Yeah! They are all 3d printed!

1 Like

Here are some rubber balls I made into counterweights before I got the Duncan and YYF rubber balls.

Just drilled a hole through the rubber ball on the first one (not pictured) but after just a couple weeks the string tore through the rubber. On the 3 in the pics above, I found the solution for that. After drilling a small hole completely through the ball, I then drilled a slightly larger hole about 1/4” on each end (making the existing hole wider on the ends). Then superglued some plastic beads in each. This stopped the string from tearing through the rubber ball and added a small amount of weight. I’ve used these for quite some time before moving up to Duncan’s rubber ball which is a bit heavier.

9 Likes

Here is a size comparison to the Duncan rubber ball

6 Likes

The beads in the center make that look so professionally done on top of helping with string

2 Likes

Thank you! Just a little trial and error. They still work great imo, just a little lighter than most counterweights. I considered drilling a larger whole all the way through and putting a couple metal nuts in the center for extra weight (between the two beads). Then I got a few Duncan and YYF rubber balls and quit messing with these lol.

1 Like

8 Likes

Suuch a good idea! Very clean!

1 Like

Dyed the clear D20 included with the Nicky Dunk Rebound. Didn’t turn out super great, but I like it anyway.

11 Likes

12 Likes

Spooked out my RSO Gravity. Orange Big Fun rings, purple OD Spikes, GitD Chunkeez Punkin, Bad Wolfe Thriller Remix

10 Likes

Oh that’s cool, I need to get some Big Fun caps now

1 Like