50+ Club of YYE?

im not trying to push my luck. im not even available for the throws i have. i just was wondering.?!?!?

i agree with the vouchers part. no matter how well known you are that is no experience in shipping and stuff. im not trying to join. its just that for other people i think ebay feedback should be just as good as yyn feedback.

Im guessing you would need more feedback here. Ebay is different, I could have 5000 ebay feedback and 4 on YYE then scam somebody on here, doing no damage to my ebay reputation.

1 Like

Alright, I have a few opinions on the idea. I think it’s great for those fitting the criteria. I also feel the rules need to be very rigid and pretty much black and white.

I’d suggest considering putting together a group of yoyoers, a small group (4 or 5), that are really interested in participating and come to a consensus on the rules amongst yourselves. If you leave it open for all to discuss there are always going to be a few that are going to want to shape the rules to include those that don’t meet the suggested criteria. I think you have to earn this, to prove yourself, or it just doesn’t happen.

Oh and before all of you low trade count people start getting upset, check my trade count. :wink:
Yeah, I’m one of you! You have to understand that these guys are talking about contributing hundreds of dollars worth of toys, current toys, not old beaters. Not only that you need great communication skills as well as the dedication to follow the rules and take care of someone elses belongings.

Just sayin, if you guys are going to start a club, make the rules strict and tight, black and white. Let the chips fall where they may.

Good luck!

2 Likes

i have a questiones off subject but could a gift exchange be possible if everyone sent people with 50 plus feedback their yo-yos and we would have the guy with 50 plus trade back distribute the yo-yos as gifts that way u send a good gift you get a good gift u send a bad gift get a bad gift

Either way, in the end people like you (No Offense) with no feedback end up with these perfect yoyos, and it is still their responsibility to return them. So pretty much if I am understanding right (Your post was a bit foggy) this just wastes 5$ on shipping to somebody else first.

same way with yyn right???

Here’s an idea… FB group… invitation only. (with 50 feedback of course)

I forgot to add something about the ebay feedback as well. Going along with the vouchers and such. I don’t think that ebay should be counted. With ebay you have a contract to buy the product that you are getting and you are committed to the buy. Not so strict rules here on yoyoe. I’m sure there are also similar rules if you are the seller, I haven’t sold on ebay though, only bought. If you don’t get the product you can file a complaint along with getting your money back. Ebay is a business you are dealing with and everybody has to be covered and insured on all ends. Way way different than a yoyo forum where there isn’t much security other than “be on your guard and research people, etc, etc”.

I also saw a few suggestions about people shipping to one person and then that one person to everyone else. Seems like a round a bout way to ship from one to another, not to mention flooding the one person who is deemed trustworthy with at least twenty or so packages. Again going back to what I said about being extremely organized and strict with the whole thing. Organization is a huge part of this idea. I also don’t think it would be logical since people have lives to attend to and having only one person to depend on shipping to so many people would be very bothersome and also a huge responsibility for them to always be on the look out for.

I also like what you said skitrz. I was thinking the same thing or something close to it but I couldn’t quite get it into text, very well put about shaping the rules to include others that are at a far reach from being in the “in club”. Open discussion is a bit risky with stuff like this but hey, there are some great ideas.

About YYN feedback. There is only one thing I don’t like about it. I have 17 feedback from YYN but I took screenshots of them and uploaded them to prove that they were real and for them to be easily accessible. I just hate it when someone says that they have X amount of feedback on YYN and they tell me to go find their profile. Most of the time I couldn’t find it and they refused to link me to the profile to prove the feedback. I used the search for the profile name and got nada. I think it would be fine to use YYN feedback but only if the people with them gave either screenshots or links to their profile and someone doesn’t have to search for it or say, “oh yeah I have “X” feedback there” and just take their word for it. Of course not saying they are ones in this thread, just as a general thing. The links I always got for someone’s profile always took me to my YYN profile and they never remedied that faulty link. I still have my screenshots from YYN but I did have those when I didn’t have so many feedback on YYE then either so I had to have them to show good reputation sometimes.

I have 120 feedback on eBay. But none that has to do with yoyos. =(

its a exchange of gifts like every christmas not a part time trade

Totalartist mentioned that too. She (?) plans on doing one with a minimum value of 100$, 50+ Trades only. I have no doubt there will be a regular one as usual, but that is what has been said.

Great way to sum things up Skitrz, I totally agree.

Slade has a descent counter-argument about Ebay.  Ebay is more strict than here, but we want people in who do what they are supposed to, not because they have to…but because they “want” to and deem it the right thing to do.  We’ll vote on this later.  Maybe our first issue to take up.

One person will not be shipping out all the banked throws…other people’s property…no way.  Remember…your yo-yos belong to YOU, and you can trade or not trade with whoever you choose.  It is YOUR property to do with it what you wish.  If you have 3 banked yo-yos, you only have to keep track of who has your 3 yo-yos and when you mailed them.  Easy, because you should be updating your post about what was traded, and the date.  If you have the same 3 yo-yos available for 60 days, just keep track of who you sent those 3 to within that time.  When you switch a yo-yo out, just keep it going.  Very little to keep track of unless you have a lot of yo-yos in the bank.  Each yo-yo owner keeps track of their 3 throws’ status.

I plan to do a few throws over $80 value, a few under $80 but over $40

In the bank, I think I’ll start with these while we test things out:

Spyy Supra
General Yo Entheos
OD Markmont Next

SR-71
Shinwoo Zen4

Also, here is what the temp trade thread would look like.  If someone with 50+ wants to make another post in it, go ahead:

Only thing wrong with this is that you might get PMs from people who are not members.  Facebook would be more exclusive, but hard to see all of what is available for trade on there.  Actually, maybe all members should keep a Flickr account, and have a separate set of photos just for temp trades and post on Facebook.  I’ll have to see what Facebook offers first.  But, maybe we should start here until this grows.

I tested a group of people out on this. Still waiting to hear from a few. In short, there is overwhelming support for a 50+ gift exchange. But, there is very little support of the temp trades.

My idea for the temp trades was a bank of what we might do with your random throws that might have a bit of damage or, perhaps a retired double, or just something that is not “for you,” that others might enjoy. Perhaps my throw hoard is so excessive that I have a hand full lying around that might suit this purpose.

The temp trade part might die a horrible death. Unless we get about 10 people into that, there is not much incentive for anyone to put up $200 worth of throws. I think if there were even 30 yo-yos in the bank…people would invest $200 worth of yo-yos into it. We shall see. Gift exchange is on for sure though.

I’ll keep you guys posted.

I think it would be really nice in your mock thread… if when you listed the people… it loooked like it does…
Temp Traders:

TotalArtist (68) - Supra, MMN, Entheos
Dingo54 (56)

But each person’s name is clickable to their FB, and the yoyo’s listed could be a link to the post with the pictures or something.

So yours would be like…

TotalArtist (68) - Supra, MNN, Entheos

if you have a big ol honkin list of people, it would make it really concise. Especially if you have multiple pages of posts with pictures, etc. you could also highlight certain yoyo’s if they are rented out… like…

TotalArtist (68) - Supra, MNN, Entheos

Hmmm…that idea ^ is definitely a good one. I seldom use my Facebook for yo-yo related stuff, but I may make a separate one…who knows? I can definitely link to photos, but some people don’t like to click on things to see it…they just want to see photos that instant in the post. I feel that way about BST posts that link to pics. I love the idea of highlighting what’s available though.

At this rate…not sure the temp trade idea has enough support to get off the ground. The thing is…people have to “give” something to “get” something, for it to work. Some would put up $200 worth of throws to potentially temporarily access 60+ throws or $4,000 worth of yo-yos.

Others love the idea of access to $4000 worth of throws, but cannot fathom putting up $200 of their own throws, to make it happen. I, personally, would do it…and put up $200 worth to access even $2000 worth, but no less than that. That’s why we need at least 10 temp traders (30 throws) to get going.

I just read through this thread and want to share a couple of thoughts, some of which others have already expressed:

1. I say set whatever rules you see fit and then stand by them.
  2. It might make sense to standardize shipping rules and a compensation scheme for lost/damaged yoyos.
  3. I’ll be happy to help crosscheck IPs to verify identities.

I’ll not be participating, mostly because I don’t want to have to trouble with keeping other people’s yoyos mint, but I do think it’s a great idea. I’ve temp-traded with folks I trust in the past, and it was an absolutely terrific way to get to try a bunch of stuff without having to buy it all.

No, it’s because you only have 33 trades.

GET OUT!!

:wink:

Cool idea, TA.

1 Like

Man I really hope this Temp Trade thing works out :-\ I would love to do this, I might even lend out a general-yo to a select few :wink:

The links transfer you to posts in the same thread… Just make it so you don’t have to scroll around a thread with a bunch of posts/pages of pictures.

Try clicking the link again (In my example). The one that says Supra, MMN, Entheos. It will take you to your post in the same thread. It’s like… when you look at table of contents on a PDF, and you click a chapter and it zooms you straight to that particular part in the PDF.