50+ Club of YYE?

I agree, the last issue would be to iron out details about compensation for damage. I think the standard is, you damaged it, you just bought it. I am hoping that a group that made it this far feedback-wise, would have few instances of drama, and in the rare case, it could be worked out between the parties. The idea would be to have a board to act as arbitrator if conflict came up, that could not be resolved. If parties cannot agree on a price for the damaged throw, it would go to a board. A board of 4 would examine any photo or video of this throw, consider it’s retail price, the condition when traded, and set a price. For example, if there is a board of me, you, mgiroux77 and Fellavader:

Hypothetically, Fellavader thinks an El Ranchero that cost retail $109, that was near mint when traded (2 scratches) is worth $80

I think it is worth $70

You think it is worth $90

Mgiroux77 says $85

You average out the prices given by the board to get $81.25. So the person who caused the damage keeps the throw and pays $81.25, what the El Ranchero was worth at the time it was traded. Failure to pay, they lose privileges and take a negative. No one with all that feedback wants that! Just one idea I had, but I have others.

I figured shipping would be worked out between involved parties of the deal, just like in a usual transaction. Or, someone might post in advance, $4 shipping required, or whatever, in their post.

Not much support for the temp trade stuff though. I had some other things thought out, but not likely it will come to fruition. I entertained myself thinking of how it might be done though.

I would like to think that if people were to “try” a yoyo… they would make it as limited as possible, over carpet, and be extremely precautious. To eliminate any possibility of that happening… (even though probably inevitable).

(also, I know I’m far away, but hope you don’t mind my suggestions…)

I hardly every ding my own yoyos, without being cautious at all, however I would only play over carpet with somebody elses throw. I think we should have the choice to let them buy it, or pay for it. I would be okay with 5$ if it is merely cosmetic, and 10-20 if it causes vibe. I really hope this works out, we just need more people. I was actually wanting to get your MMN for a while :stuck_out_tongue:

I see exactly now, in the heading post, you’d click and skip right to the member post that corresponds to the throws listed…perfect! :slight_smile:

Thanks Links’. Stickman agreed to join us in June for temp trades, but we are still nowhere near even 10 people. Are you game? :-\ If we give people until June to bank up, maybe we will get a few more.

We don’t mind at all. I’m thinking the same. Possibility of damage should be so remote. I worked on an Oath that every member must recite upon initiation :D. I don’t know how you recite online…but we’ll work that out later… I took the time to write this up, so I’ll post it:

50+ Club of YYE Oath

I, Totalartist, a member of the 50+ Club of YYE, vow to handle each and every yo-yo loaned to me, with the utmost care. I will handle others’ throws even more carefully than my own. I will return others’ throws in the same condition as entrusted to me, while in my care. I shall carefully pack well and ship yo-yos to others in a way that is prompt and tracked. While others’ yo-yos are in my care, I shall not attempt to temporarily or permanently improve, alter, or switch out any yo-yo or part with one of my own. I shall document my efforts, so that they might be scrutinized by the membership at any time. I shall make reasonable contributions to the bank in compliance with the rules. I am a member of the 50+ club, the upper echelon of BST members in describing yo-yo condition, packing and shipping, and communicating on all things. Of me, much is expected, and much is required. I am up to the task, and it shall be fulfilled, with no exceptions.

Dingo, I was reviewing the thread and noticed you raised the price for damage issue earlier…but I missed it. I gave my thoughts above on that today. I agree that there should be no damage. People should be ultra careful. But, because things happen, even if a slim chance, we will work those rules out. I had the MMN up for sale, but if this goes forward…you got first dibs on the MMN. :wink:

I might be in. Idk.

Not sure the point of the ‘bank’, though. Instead of just having all your yoyos rotate through three temp trade slots, why not just list everything you’re willing to lend? Maybe I’m not understanding it correctly…

Sounds good. Give it some thought, if it’s a go, we’ll start in June. So far, you’d be in good company, me, Dingo and Stickman are in. The bank would just be 3 yo-yos minimum but people can have as many as they want to lend in the bank, which is just a list of what they are willing to lend.

I would definitely be down. I only have 20 total feedback, but I can be vouched for by links, ColeJ, and yomagic. All who I have temp traded with in the past and who have 50+ feedback between here and YYN.

If the 50+ rule is 100% concrete then I understand.