50+ Club of YYE?

Just to prove a point, I thought I’d make an example as counter argument: VsNYYC. Though the case has nothing to do with feedback, there was much more than just a feedback number and forum reputation thrown away with what they chose to do.

Feedback is just a number, we’re all humans, we all make some bad decisions. Heck, I have a presence on the boards (which I believe is good) and I’ve been told by some that they were surprised I didn’t have any feedback.

Maybe 50 feels just right to you because you have more than that? Are there 20 currently active 50+ members willing to participate? Just some things that cross my mind.

I’d be much happier to see 30 or 35, but I will never get to that either probably. Those are just some thoughts I had on it.

1 Like

I’m just saying at the end of the day you can only depend on yourself to prove your reputation.

I wouldn’t want people vouched in that’s all I’m saying. Gotta stay strict. 50 trade reputation speaks for itself. Its would be a privilege. However I’m a ways away and my word shouldn’t be taken that far into consideration

I thanked the above post for the vsnyyc comment. But i think 50 is solid and speaks for itself.

Don’t have 50? Too bad is what i say

Nobody leaves me feedback after a trade…

1 Like

VSNYYC is entirely different and not an analogous situation. I’ll leave it at that rather than discuss the odd particulars that allowed that situation to prolong. How many other counter arguments do you have? I’m not sure if you’ve followed this entire discussion, but dealing with human beings there is no guarantee, as I stated, just a “reasonable certainty.” 30 does not make me feel certain. You are correct. One of the reasons I’m saying 50 is because I have more than that, but also, in my experience, it is a milestone in trading. As far as my feedback…I could have said 60, but again, 50 seems right, and fair too.

50 signifies a lot of things. It signifies not only that a person can accomplish 50 successful yo-yo forum related transactions. It also, in all likelihood, means that a person has their hands on a lot of throws or is capable of letting go of some throws, and keeping the bank fresh. In other words, they invest in yo-yos, and spend their time moving them around.

Now, if someone wants to state their case otherwise. Cool, but it would go to a vote. We are interested in people who move yo-yos around enough to be an asset to this thing.

I have asked people to leave me feedback if they forget. But, I’m also diligent about leaving the appropriate feedback as well. I did a face to face trade with someone who asked me to enter feedback on YYE for our trade. So I did. If it’s a legit trade, there’s nothing wrong with asking for feedback.

I would love to do this! Oh and I would like to keep it very strict, before you know it people with 20 feedback will be joining. Maybe 45 if they are VERY well known, but this could become a disaster if we bypass the rules.

Yes Dingo…it is unfortunate what happened to you, and a few other people on here, so I want to create a place that people can trade more “at ease,” and let people borrow things if they want, instead of trading for keeps.

I wonder what people think of starting this on the BST forum as a stickied thread like this:

The club, or whatever we call this thing, would have a stickied thread in the BST. A list of all members and their combined feedback will be posted there. Then, each member will post their temp trade throws, and only “link” to their normal BST in that post as well. Each member will post only once, but modify their yo-yos in “the bank” in that one post. For example, if there are 20 members, there will be a stickied thread, first post is the member list and posts 2-21 will be member temp trade posts. The post can include “wants” too.

Each temp trade post will include photos and description of 3 or more yo-yos available with that member, it’s status if out for trade, the date traded, and to whom.

For example, if I want Fellavader’s MMN, I can see that he loaned it to Dingo on April 29th, so I would communicate with Fellavader to get it next, or ask him if Dingo can ship to me when done, instead of back to Fellavader. Then, I’d return it to Fellavader when I’m done unless someone else wants it. Or, Fellavader may choose to inspect his throw after each trade.

People can work out their own details about individual deals, but this will be one place to view all available temporary trades of members. Then, we can start a separate thread in “Unrelated” to discuss club business, announce new members, rules, votes, feedback, activities like gift exchanges, or charity, and so on. :-\

I think going outside of YYE to a separate medium could complicate things. It would have a Facebook of course though.

That sounds really nice, organization is obviously something you are good at, and it is very important for this to be as close to hassle free as possible.

One question. Wouldn’t this boost everyone’s trade count? Rich get richer, poor gets poorer type of thing.

This sounds really awesome! I find that it would be kind of unorganized. What if someone wanted their throw back after its been loaned out to people? I think that every 2 months we create a list of all the 50+ members that want to participate. Once the list is created along with what throws they are loaning out, people can start temp trading. Then once the 2 month period is over, the throws are shipped back to their original owners.

I say keep it pretty strict. I have had people in the high twenties and even high thirties be a bit shifty in trades and especially damage description with throws. I personally would feel very good about 50+.

No vouching, I completely agree with this like someone said before. Popularity means nothing other than you post often and are liked on the forum witch means nothing in the fine detail of trading. Good packaging, proper shipment of yoyos, etc. I also wouldn’t trust people with lower feedback with my throws just because I wouldn’t’ feel they were up to par with people who had 50+. Even 50+ is a bit of a stretch in that regard for ME personally.

Heck, I would even be in favor of stricter rules, haha, but that is just me. I do think this is a great idea but I doubt I will be participating. In the past year I have been to about 15 or so contests and there are still a good amount of yoyos I would like to try but I would still be paranoid about my yoyos not being with me unless I was trading them.

EDIT: post above also caught some of my worry in this huge amount of throws out in the system. If someone wants their stuff back then someone has to have a very organized to keep track of all this. It seems a bit much but we can see where it goes and how it pans out.

On the good side of my post, I do think this will do well as long as the rules are very strict and professionally handled. This seems like an excellent way to try some new throws.

I didn’t think outside trades would count. I’d probably have well over 50 by now. I just started using the yye bst because I’ve drained so many yoyos locally.

Slade was on my list at home lol. A few people, like him and Genji too. I’m a bit OCD about my throws. I know exactly what you mean. My throws are in a few different categories. I’ve always had this group that might fall into this category for the bank. They are nice playing, but not my collector stuff, and I don’t play them a lot. If one got scratched…not a big deal really. Hope not, but no biggie if there is a mishap. Maybe we can do 2 throws worth $150, and move numbers around if people are more comfortable with it. No one will be putting their prized throws up for grabs.

I agree on the 50. People who are close to 100 think 50 is a bit ify even. So, I think 50 satisfies most people on this. I think once we get a thread going, and it picks up momentum, more people will be interested. Even just 10 of us would be 30 yo-yos in the bank. It is most important to get the yo-yo back to it’s owner in the same condition. As long as we get a group who can do that, it’s a good idea.

This is pure gold! One question, If a yoyo were to get damaged, would that be paid for reasonably by the user, but a price that would be chosen by the lender? Kind of like the last part of the 5th amendment, the person who loans it picks a price, usually 5$ or so, but much higher if it is something like an OG Peak, in which case most people wouldn’t loan out throws that pricey.

I’m simply suggesting a lower number. It’ll let more people in, and it’ll let more yoyos in. I like the idea, but depending on the number chosen it may limit the potential of it. That’s all :slight_smile:

i Know I’m no where near the trade count for this but how bout a suggestion?
It could start with like the gift exchange where random names are paired and then yoyos could be passed on and all yoyo returned to owner within lets say a month?

I think it’s awesome you guys are doing this. I think I’m almost to the +50 trade count!

Anyhow, I think you should have vouchers for people who are under 50. I think 25 would be the lowest you should go though, with increasing requirements the lower you are. For instance.
25-Recommendation by someone from the +50 club currently, as well as an interview, and a unanimous decision made by people in the club.
30-Recommendation by someone from the +50 club currently, Interview, majority decision
35-Recommendation by someone, Interview, half must agree
40-Recommendation and Interview
45-Interview

I think that this is a great idea! I would not want to be a part of it though because I don’t have much to offer. :-\

ok so i have 7 yye feedback but over 300 on ebay. would i qualify?

Alrighty Im just saying, if we are going to listen to all these suggestions and do “vouchers” or accept ebay feedback, I wouldn’t want to be involved. Not saying you are, but it defeats the purpose. And for those of you with far less, you could always start a 25 trade club or something of the sort if you are a person who can trust people easily.