4a yoyoers thread! Come talk 4a

Bump! Common talk 4a!!

I uh can’t get it back to my hand but I can do the basic throw…

i would talk 4a if my stupid Go Big wasn’t broken >:(

Same thing happened to me bro. :frowning:

Actually never mind, bearing was just stuck in the yoyo due to some hair, which was also making it super responsive. Just had to rip it out with a pair of pliers, sorry about yours though.

I also recently got into 4A. I have been using a Shinwoo ProWing and I must say it rocks. The only thing that bummed me out are the graphics arent printed on, they are a cheap sticker (which I removed).
I cant do much, but I definetly enjoy the change of pace. My favorite tricks are back burners and sens poppin.

It’s strange how just doing the throw and catch and Binding it back is so fun! ;).

TALK 4a!!

I am currently still using a Go Big, it’s a beast!

I am working on Behind the back whip and under the leg Whip!

So a week or two ago i decided to give it a go on 2a 3a 4a and 5a, when learning 4a i didnt have a proper 4a yoyo so i just used my velocity xD after abit of practice i learned toss and catch, barrel rolls, and suicide, haha

I got my green-yellow Fiesta XX signed by Brian Figueroa at PNWR while he was at Starbucks. :smiley:

Currently having fun with whip combos.

I’m messing around with 4A. Just learned rolling star, and refining my Whip catch. Gonna try to get a few more tricks down before a trip out of country. I also gotta get my 4A snap start down solid. It’s getting better every day but still needs a lot of work.

I’m mostly throwing a Fiesta XX but I’m leaning more towards the Jet Set. I also like the Go Big and ReXtreme.

Tomorrow I’m gonna work on left/right pops, I think the Brain Twister and leg and arm orbits. I find the ReXtreme with it’s wider design is easier for learning certain things for me, which is why I got it. The Fiesta XX is still my go-to, but as I said, that Jet Set(not EC) is gaining ground. I won’t say anything bad about the Go Big as that’s with me quite a bit.

just got 3rd at the redondo beach competition. really happy! i was only 13 points away from getting 1st! i won a go big :slight_smile:

Nice!

Studio, the Snap Start is easy to learn with a Go Big, because it will respond with its smaller gap. You probably knew that :).

What about your, what 3-4? Aquarius’s?

No, I didn’t know that, but now I have the one to work on for that tomorrow. Thanks for the pointer!

Actually, it’s been coming along nicely on the Fiesta XX, but building results on a different yoyo helps get the “ball rolling” better, so I have no issue there.

I haven’t tried it on the 6 Aquarius yet. I’m mostly concentrating on “stuff I can more readily get” right now. I still do like me the Aquarius though. But I do need a Fiesta XX in red and white, and a Go big in the red with white/clear rims and maybe another color other than the Blue I already have.

I just got a fiesta XX, what kind of string do you guys recommend for 4a?

Anything really. YYE 100% poly works fine.

I’ve been recently liking slightly thicker and softer string. I’m using YYSL Type X for everything but 2A these days. I’m pretty happy with it. It’s softer on the hands and I’m not cutting my hands up as much.

Mind you, the YYE bulk stuff is good and affordable. I have no problems recommending it to anyone.

I actually only use YYSL Type X as well haha, pretty much my favorite string. Soft and bouncy and all that jazz. Just tried it out, works nicely for 4a. I would like something thick though I think. Maybe ammo when I can get my hands on some.

I only buy 100% YYE poly 100 bulk.

I don’t buy string for certain yoyos, except cotton for a wooden.

I just use what i have.

Depending on what yoyo you have, Metz thick works nicely for 4a.
I wouldn’t use it in say a go big or solar+. It’s just too thick and causes waaay too much spin loss from friction.

Currently throwing my C3 Solar+ (Almost exclusively thrown this for a few weeks) Working on Spiderman atm, just can’t get my hands to move fast enough before the yoyo falls off my finger :frowning:

Still wait for my fiesta xx, I will be expecting it on Sunday or Monday.