4a beginner looking for a start

I have seen a lot about 4a recently and I really think it could be cool to learn. I have seen some posts about it and I have heard a lot about the c3 contrail being a good starter. I have also heard about the iyoyo unlimited. Any help is very useful to me. Thank you so much

1 Like

would like to see what people recommend here…I use the yyf flight and iyoyo spire.

2 Likes

We’re in the same boat!

If you just start out I do not think it make any difference. Pick something that appeals to you and start.
When it comes to price it is mainly durability of the material and the brands name you pay for. As with most things in life.
With 4A as with all other *A it boils down to taste but you need some practice to figure out what you like.
I would first buy something cheap to see if you enjoy 4A and if it hits the floor constantly it does not bother you.
Enjoy. 4A is super fun when you managed the first steps.
Happy throwing
BTW unlimited is nice, very wide to hit tricks easily and the finger spin dimple is a super good feature imo

1 Like

Thank you so much. This is very helpful

I got my first off string earlier this year in march and started with Flight pro. Saw that Skydancer’s went on sale, got that in May. After Nats I told my girlfriend that Evan Nagao’s No Scope was still on this website. Says that I should get it. I’ve never bought a yoyo faster. It beats my cheaper Ghost bimetal from amazon and Shutter from Gentry Stein for most expensive and all my other like 20 yoyos. To me its the most fun and satisfying to play. Chasing and winding yoyos while hitting my hand with it cause I didn’t wait long enough to pull back or up on the throw or vice versa waiting to long and it flies away from you. If on carpet you’ll get no bounce depending on the spin that kinetic energy could end up on your shin, hard floor if falling straight might get a few tries to get it back. Flight pro will bounce one time with a huge thud bounce two is like maybe 2’’ high. Anytime i drop on concrete ill scream an explicit. Its gonna hit the ground and i cant resist not throwing on concrete. It spinning in Earths atmosphere with smooth it out a little and also more effectively your hands when you catch it because your know your gonna miss. Just combing 3 different tricks 10 times, huge blasty blast.

1 Like

Wow. Thanks for telling me all of that. I will definitely consider this very much.