Beginner 4A in 2020?

So, I used the forum search tool and only found articles from 5+ years ago so I figured I’d ask in case things have changed. What’s a good 4A yoyo for someone just starting out?

I’m thinking it needs to be durable because a newbie like me is gonna drop it over and over and over and…

And price-wise I’m not looking for the absolute cheapest, just inexpensive with good bang for your buck. Like, what’s the Replay Pro of 4A? The metaphor being that the Replay Pro isn’t the cheapest yoyo ever made, but it’s inexpensive and still very good for the price.

1 Like

The YYF Flight.

3 Likes

Iyoyo 4a throws are the jam!

1 Like

Flight has not been replaced or refreshed because we have not come up with better or has anyone else in the Industry. It’s not indestructible, nothing you drop is, but it is tough and it’s priced to be replaced if you do trash it.

A vote for flight!

4 Likes

I concur with @zslane and @yyfben2.deactivated, the Flight is pretty great for the price and the quality, but I have two other suggestions for you.

1. Duncan Pandamonium- This is my yoyo of choice for 4a. For me, the proportions feel just perfect. When you buy it, it comes with 3 different spacers which are so great for beginners all the way to advanced players. The pads are the super amazing Duncan Red Pads (which are my literal favorite as they last forever).

2. Duncan Hayabusa- Now is this throw the greatest? No, not by a long shot. Is it the widest? No. The reason that it is on my list is that it is portable, stupidly durable, requires almost no maintenance, and is cheap (and I mean ridiculously cheap). This is the cheapest 4a throw on YYE coming in at a price of 10.99. I would highly recommend you try it.

2 Likes

I’ve had 2 flights break on me within a couple weeks of owning them. I didn’t drop them super hard but they broke. It could’ve just been a fluke but I would not buy it. I really like my yyf airwave though it’s really durable

2 Likes

Im with @YoyoDrew. I 2nd the Airwave.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the input, guys! Might go with the Hayabusa just for the price tag, that’s not bad at all.

Oh man I have a set of 4A yo-yos I forgot to sell, I’d be happy to sell them to you for basically peanuts. PM me!

4 Likes

For what its worth the myy t1 captain is a solid 4a for the money

1 Like