Beginner 4a yoyo?

Hello!
I’m quite new to 4a yoyoing, I’ve been browsing the shop here for a while now, but most of the 4a throws are for much, much, MUCH more experienced throwers than I am right now. The price point doesn’t really matter too much, but 70 is my theoretical max, and I’d prefer a heavier yoyo, like a metal. I’ve scrolled through older threads, but most of the yoyos are from 2009…
Thank you for your help!
Imseeking

1 Like

so from my experiences the duncan skyhawk is good at around 25$ each and if you are getting into soloham (2 offstring yoyos) you can get them for around 50 dollars

Not entirely sure if it would be heavy enough (80g), but I’ve found the YoTricks spire to work well! It’s not on YYE though.

Highly recommend Yoyoempire Flame Lords off aliexpress. Very durable (ive been playing over concrete lol) and come out to like 25 USD and had them reccomended to me by very good 4a players

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying the Ace-yo Vamos 2 but it’s also not available on YYE. I’ve heard good things about the C3 Contrail and there was a recent post on the C3 Submarine that could be worth looking into! My two cents would be to get something made of POM, that’s big (probably 60 mm wide) to make it easier to catch. There are others on here that could provide a lot more in-depth experience or tips than me though!

1 Like

I would definitely recommend the C3 Submarine. Long sleep times, wide body, different spacers to adjust the gap, and durable. Definitely worth getting. My fellow thrower up top mentioned I have a review on this in case you would like to check it out.

Interested in what recommendations are in here.
I like the yyf flight because its only like 20 dollars, but it has a very powerful spin (plenty of time to work through tricks)