4/16 Update; jbritter3's Yo-yo Design , The Viking Page 3

Well super wide isn’t very stable and super narrow isn’t very stable, there’s just a happy medium, and I think it’s 44mm width so it’s neither super wide or super narrow so the width is fine, that design is plenty stable.

updated design, y’all like? getting closer to what I want.

Looks like capital yoyos serum!

Haha well I do really like the serum but I didn’t quite mean for that to happen. I can’t help that the serum was really well designed to my preferences.

I’m actually in the process of helping Modman10 get his yoyo made. He sent me his designs and I gave them to a machinist friend of mine and were waiting for the proto run to be finished to see whether or not he’ll continue using him as our go-to guy for yoyos.

If this works out and you need a machinist hit me up!

Will do! I actually talked to modman bout that. I’m the one who helped him design it lol.

So maybe since i should call it the antiserum lol

Hahahaha, that’s crazy. I really hope that this proto run works out. It’ll be at least another week before he can get to making them and I really hope they come out good for modman. If they do then I’ll probably get some ideas brewing and make my own too!

Sounds awesome man! I hope they turn out too! I want one haha I also still need to aquire a Capricorn. My goal is to aquire all the yoyos I’ve done the cad work for and just sell the rest of my collection haha I want to try a few more throws tho before I scrap my collection.

1 Like

Don’t worry about that, we’ll be saving one with your name on it :wink:

1 Like

Thanks man can’t wait :slight_smile:

Few more tweaks, keep loving this more and more, getting close!

Kinda want to call it the Viking. Thoughts?

ooh that Yoyo looks awesome like the rims on it. Just what does the sides look like are there any spikes or anything along those lines? Oh wait nvm I just saw it for a second time.

Few updates, getting really close to what I want, really happy with it! Really feels like a Viking to me!

My vote when there’s already a spike is to make it usable for matador. In those renders, it might still be a bit too small or blunt.

OD Spike Side Effects are about right if you don’t want to go full SPYY. The wee little ones in the Minute also work fine even though they’re almost painful. :wink:

But that’s just me. Since this is YOUR yoyo and you might not even do matador tricks, you should obviously go for what appeals to you the most.

The pics I just posted. Did those look better for matador? Honestly have no idea what that is lol but I will consider it.

The ones right above my post were the ones I was addressing. They’re too blunt.

Matador allows you to hold the yoyo between thumb and another finger (usually forefinger or middle finger). There aren’t TONNES of matador tricks, but it’s good fun to do a “pull start” horizontally (or turn horizontally), fingerspin, and do a whipping bind for example.

Lesseeeeee here… I’ve done a few in my videos… Here’s just one example (my submission for the community video a while back):

(non-embedded: http://youtu.be/1iMEJp3sEl0)

Ahhh I see. Ill look to see how it affects my weight distribution and decide whether I like it or not. I’m not a big fan of center weight.

The Werrd Minute… pretty tiny spikes, but still usable.

Just can’t be to broad?

Exactly!