3a Thursday - 3a Thread

There’s a 2a thread and a fixed axle thread so I’m bringin back a 3a thread. Surely I won’t be the only one posting right? RIGHT?

Anyway, I’ve given Mable, Henry, and multiple others 3a tips and I love helping out so if anyone needs any advice or tips drop em here :triumph:

19 Likes

Yay! I really want to throw right into coro coro but I just started to get the trick down at all and it still needs so much work. IDC tho how to I throw straight into coro coro? I either nail it, get blocked by the one string, or miss the string.

2 Likes

Here’s my noob 3A for this Thursday. I originally had a lot more going on in this combo but couldn’t land it, so I just took out all the cooler bits I need way more practice at lol.

15 Likes

DH = dominant hand, NDH = non dominant hand

So how I think about it is, coro entrance is basically doing a trapeze around your NDH yoyo with a string that’s blocking the way. So to land that “trapeze” you want to throw the trapeze just barely in front of the string when you’re starting out in order to not hit the string but also not go so far out that you miss the trapeze completely.

I think a good progression is

1. Throw 1a trapeze, but imagine there’s a thin wall directly above where you’ll intersect your finger for the trapeze. Basically envision in your head your finger as the NDH 3a yoyo and there’s a string attached above it. This is basically the feeling you want for landing the coro entrance.

2. Wrap the string on your NDH yoyo around your NDH a few times to make the string shorter like you would with an assisted front mount. Then try to throw into the coro.

3. Throw a breakaway with your NDH then try to throw straight into the coro. Basically step 2 but without the wrap. Don’t forget to raise your NDH up so the yoyo is a little higher off the ground, like the yoyo would be in step 2 or almost like if you were doing a 1a trapeze. the NDH yoyo should be around your waist for the coro entrance, not like below your knees.

4 Likes

front style

7 Likes

Tomoya element

4 Likes

I’ll never get over the basic velvet roll into 3a ninja vanish :skull:

Bros the 3a equivalent of “can 3.5 hook but can barely do barrel rolls” :rofl:

3 Likes

Tri-attack 3 times!!

3 Likes

Hajime tutorial part 2 – step 1

5 Likes

Wait what tutorial lol, I dont recognize this from the YYR tuts

1 Like
3 Likes

Here’s a little Coro footy. I still suck at it but I can tell all the stuff I need to fix and I think I just need thousands of more reps at this point. To throw into it was easier than I thought after hearing @andy569 explain the theory and how it’s like trapeze and stuff so that was a pleasant surprise! Anyways, happy 3A Thursday!

6 Likes

I still think you should try raising your NDH yoyo higher before going into the mount to see if that’s easier. Rewatch my video again and look how I have it higher than you.

2 Likes

Yerp aight I will! It definitely is easier to have the ndh hand higher but I won’t grab the string like that tho bc I wanna learn it without grabbing it anyway and I’m already starting to get it like that but yeah all the other stuff plus hand higher and I just gotta be more still and sway less. Imma get there lol

2 Likes

Tomoya suicide catch

5 Likes

NAHHH that looks disgustingly hard HOW TF

Yessss 3A thread! I’ll delete my newest thread and put it here. Just my newest land, the good ol’ tri attack. Very satisfying.

Also gtdropknot, really thinking about it being a trapeze around then NDH yoyo helped me a ton. I just aim dead straight, and move my NDH string back toward me and out of the DH yoyo’s way. I find i land the trapeze every time this way. Well, not every time, but on the times i don’t land in trapeze it’s because i didn’t move the NDH string out of the way in time, almost never miss the trapeze. Makes it’s easier for me.

5 Likes

1min for contest (loads to optimize)

5 Likes

If you watch my last attempt you’ll see i have the yoyo higher when I throw into the coro as well, not just when I do the wrap, but when I actually just do the trick. Even watch aliyah throw into a coro, you’ll see she lifts her NDH yoyo higher to like waist level before throwing into it.

The way you’re doing it you throw into it at your like your knee

1 Like

??

2 Likes