$30 Musashi. What's the best deal you've ever gotten?

I’m not going to make the mistake of posting crappy youtube videos again anytime soon but decided to make this for fun. I have it unlisted but you YYE folks can see it.

Anyway, what’s the best deal you guys have ever gotten off the BST? This one’s pretty high up there for me. Honestly couldn’t believe it when I saw it. This is why BST is love, BST is life @zslane

8 Likes

Bulk or full collection buys without a doubt. No question at all. If you buy 4-10-20 yo-yos you get an insane deal over what they would sell for individually.

I can’t actually say specifics because I think people would get … Er … riled up.

3 Likes

I’ve seen some of 10+ yoyos that are really good deals but I also see a ton of 5ish throw bundle deals that aren’t that amazing.

4 Likes

Oh, I hear you!

So far I’ve scored a G2 Elite (2018), a G2 Banshee (2018), and an AlleyCat 650b through B/S/T. The secondary market is often the only reliable way to score the rare birds…

1 Like

I think scoring my Ti Vayder for making two wooden fixed axles was one of the best deals I’ve had on the BST.

6 Likes

Once I traded a Ti Cadence for a Vanguard, Markmont Classic, Deep State, and Top Deck (all nickel plated). Then I traded my other Markmont Classic for a CLYW Canvas. Those 2 back to back were a couple of legendary trades.

5 Likes

This makes me wish I can get a screaming deal, but it’ll never happen to me! It’s like winning the yoyo lottery!

1 Like

The Ti for Nickel trade seems just “fair” to me, it’s really hard to find Nickel plated versions of OD throws.

2 Likes

I feel good that I gave you your best deal ever. Sometimes you give them, sometimes you get them. :blush:

5 Likes

This probably wont impress many…but I think one of the best deals was finding a super nice guy here on these forums willing to sell me a NIP Christmas themed MagicYoYo N12 for just $15 shipped a few months ago.
At the time it was pretty much at the very top of my wish list and I really can’t thank the dude enough!!

3 Likes

i paid $35 for a 2sick grandmaster, its been played but looks mint to me. but perhaps the best deals i’ve got were free yoyos in my packages?

:stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I’d have to go with the SF SF that @codinghorror sent as one of the prizes of his colorway design contest.

2 Likes

$65 for a nmtbs Hummingbird (no box)
Just snagged a $40 OG Kuntosh Sat Market off BST here @ThrowButcher
$140 TiVayder! A good deal is a good deal.

6 Likes

$3 for a flight
I got an old superstar for $12
I also got a CZM8 for $15 (over 50% off) but that’s not really a good deal
Nightmare for $45 in a YYF sale was probably the best purchase I ever made
All of these were new too

2 Likes

Every yoyo I’ve ever bought has been a great deal. If you consider the number of hours of joy one yoyo gives, it’s so worth it every time. The first throw is a bit expensive and then all the rest are free.

Some might thing it odd but I prefer to pay fair price for an item. I always feel uncomfortable if the deal is uneven.

8 Likes

Well; I took a test to see if I was bi-polar.

The test involved selling a Ty Vayder to myself for $1.

If… I was indeed bi-polar; then I would feel two distinctly different emotions at the same time.

1. I would be extremely happy to get such an amazing deal.

2. I would be extremely upset because I got robbed for selling a yoyo for peanuts.

Fortunately; I only felt elated to get such a great deal; thusly eliminating any probability of fluctuating polarity…

Am I lucky or what?

:clown_face:

9 Likes

The Grandmaster is so underrated.

3 Likes

Not the ice / snow weasel, which is $5995.99 though

2 Likes

I’ll get one! Just wait and see…:eyes:

1 Like

Best deal? Probably this:

#flex

9 Likes