2SickYoYos News Thread: 1/1 Queen Giveway!!! Details on Page 16

There is no hole…it’s a nipple. On the black where you see it say tapped hole, that is a view of the bearing seat and thats the axle hole.

OHH! Okay, I gotcha now! haha!

Wow. Such IGR!

I heard from one source that the more extremely rim-weighted a yoyo is, the more succeptible it is to vibe as it gets wider. I’m just repeating what I was told; but that 44.5 plus rim weight might end up being trickier to keep smooth.

Obviously you’re going to proto it first, though, so it won’t take long to find out!

Love the rounded-off V shape.

I’m confident in my design and I always make sure what I make is 100% design functional. Prototyping is just to be safe as a precaution but I’m confident they will come out smooth. You never know though so that’s why it’s good to prototype.

1 Like

So now you’ll have 2 sick yoyos. :wink:

That’s the plan :slight_smile:

Just read through this thread, and I have to say that those yoyos are beautifully designed and ano’d. The splashes were great.

Who does your ano?

I will be at MA states this weekend and will bring along some gambits if anyone is interested in one. I will be selling them at a discount price as well! So if you want one come around and find me

A little late to the party but I own the third and have currently kept it raw. :slight_smile:

I will keep my ear to the floor with this new design. If it’s anything like last time, we’re in for another great throw. :smiley:

Is it a secret, or what?

You got it anno’d by Gruntbull? I hope their not string eaters, like most of his finishes.

Not done by gruntbull. The finish on these aren’t aggressive. It’s the same as what are on the square wheels yoyos. Very smooth finish that grinds well

It’s cool that they have a good grind finish. Also awesome that Square Wheels does your ano!

Hey joey, I had picked up a gambit off the bst last week and I just wanted to let you know that you did an excellent job with this throw! It is absolutely one of the best, if not the best, yoyo out there. And, it is my favorite go to throw now. I just can’t put it down and I’m never gonna get rid of it. I really love this thing. It has incredible spin time, its super smooth, and the specs and shape are just perfect! Ive been wanting a gambit for awhile now and am glad that I was finally able to get one! You did a really great job and look forward to being able to get a 2nd gambit here when I can. Keep up the good work man and thanks!

You are correct about this. You never know until you build it, but from my experience this one has a high chance of having pulse vibe. At the best, it will be a big challenge in production to keep them consistently smooth.

Got word from the Machinists that the prototypes for the next yoyo are done and will be shipped out on Monday!!! So expect pictures on Wednesday and some small right up on how they came out. I will be selling the protos as well! Not sure on price just yet but there are only 4 made, two in 6061 and two in 7075.

The sole and absolute ruler. A symbol or hierarchy and elitism. The successor of my opening move…he will reign supreme!

Coming soon

Hello all!

I am happy to introduce the next yoyo in the 2sick lineup, the King. This is a design that I had on my computer for a while and finally decided to have some prototypes made. I wanted a new yoyo that was different from the Gambit but offered the same play-ability. The King is meant to be a high end 6061 competition killer. It has great spin times that can shred through any combo and with a nice wide catchzone so string hits are easier. It has massive rim weight so it carries a nice solid spin that will allow for those long combos but also has the speed to move through strings at a nice pace. The weight distribution is so that its weight is deceiving. It has a light number weight but has a spin and feel your would expect from a heavier yoyo. The rounded V/Bell shape also gives a super comfortable feel in the hand and grinds very nicely! Also features a deep IRG for thumb grinds and also features a finger grind ring (similar to what was on the gambit) that allows for great fingerspins.

I am planning on making a run of these in a limited fashion as always. There will be a small run of 40 King’s. I am still working out colors for the run but most will be in solid color anodize. I feel like in this community splashes/speckle are done so much that we forget the great simplicity of a nice solid color anodize. These are meant to be a sleek looking throw that give you maximum play-ability.

Back Story:

I thought I would share some back story on the inspiration of this name and kind of how it links with 2sickyoyos.

When with my first prototype (which later became the Gambit) I wanted a name that could establish a theme but also could be personal and relate to my likes. Gambit has dual meanings to me: One being my favorite hero (Gambit from Xmen) and also my love for Chess. I played a lot in high school but not as much anymore but still love the game. I used Queen’s Gambit which is a chess opening. So those are the inspirations of that but also tie into this new yoyos name. The definition of Gambit is actually an opening move. So with that the Gambit was my first design thus my opening move

The King is the most important piece in Chess. Without him you can’t function and the game is over. That is how I want this yoyo to resonate within the community. I want the King to make its way into as many hands as possible and to be wanted in every persons collection. The king is sole and absolute ruler and a symbol of hierarchy and elitism. This is meant to be a high end yoyo and also a high performing yoyo. The King is supposed to be the best and the greatest and that’s what I hope to achieve.

The successor of my opening move…he will reign supreme!

Specs:

Diameter: 56.5 mm
Width: 45.5 mm
Weight: 64.5g
Gap: 4.3 mm
Response: Silicone
Bearing:8ball KKs

I would love to hear you’re opinions and any comments you would like to make!

The shape, the specs, it looks like exactly what I wanted. Thank you Joey.

Looks really good! I’m iffy on the name, but it’s a done deal. :wink: