2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

Going to start this thread to help motivate me to play more 2A, and I plan to do at least 200 loops every Tuesday during 2020. This last year I did a full year of Fixed Axle Fridays and it greatly improves my 1A 100 fold and keeps my fundamentals sharp, along with modern responsive is a lot of fun. I also enjoyed 5A May where my 5A improved along with my 1A in discovering new concepts. So I’m encouraging the YYEF to join me on this journey of 2A Tuesdays.

So today I’m throwing 720s a Shu and Evan 1/2 swap with Yomega Raider strings at 75mm and one red YYF Japan spacer and one Yomega Raider spacer. Just did 100 alternating inside/outside loops left and right handed each. When I was finished my string was perfectly neutral, a fun 2A skill building exercise I find.

Happy 2A Tuesday 2020

31 Likes

well i guess there’s just no 2As about it then, gotta do it… (wakka wakka)

10 Likes

Someone needs to lead you 2A better joke book.

12 Likes

2A soon!!!

that was really good bruh

6 Likes

You’re gonna drive me 2A drink.

6 Likes

dude, it’s my way, or 2A!

6 Likes

I figure I could wait until tomorrow to add a bad pun to this, but, I might as well add it 2A

7 Likes

I feel like this should work great in bringing you 2A higher skill level

7 Likes

Heyyyyy I did the exact same half swap with my 720s!

3 Likes

I just started 2a myself. Never tried lefty before I got a pair of loopers. Turns out I am better at looping with my left. I can only get 4 loops while doing both hands though. It starts getting wonky on me. Definitely need some more practice.

4 Likes

i need to do 2A. been meaning to get some decent loopers, but i need to save up a bit more. i’ll join in to do this in a bit.

1 Like

This is a great idea. I actually find that I play a lot more when I’m carrying a yoyo I can loop. I know, I know; only one isn’t 2A. But I can just grab my throw and toss some loops while I’m walking down the hall at work, out in the parking lot; heck, even while I’m just having a casual conversation. I’ve gotten a ton of one handed looping practice lately doing this.

I guess I just need to start carrying two of 'em!

4 Likes

2A this 2A Tuesdays, I’m back at it on 720s, but YYE green bulk poly at 75mm. Still playing with counting and controlling string tension with alternating loops. 120 consecutive loops between inside loops and hopping the fence left and right handed. I’m doing intervals of 30 fence hops to 60 inside loops and bringing tension back to neutral with another 30 fence hops. 2A is definitely a grind, and stamina is what requires the work. 4 reps for total of 960 loops for this exercise.

8 Likes

What do you guys think about the 1080s? I have them and they seem pretty light.

2 Likes

Just picked these up from my local toy store for fun, and boy are they! Very smooth spinning, and they feel great in the hands. I gotta admit though, they’re pretty hard to loop with. I have a much easier time of it with my old Duncan Speed Beetle.

7 Likes

i picked up a Duncan Imperial, i know! it’s not the best thing to loop with, but i managed. i’ve never looped before, just learning now, so i haven’t gotten to a point where i can do like 200+ loops, but i got 20 loops, it was super fun.

8 Likes

If you just started learning to loop and you’ve accomplished 20 with an imperial - you are doing very good and should think about maybe investing in a pair of 720’s!!!

5 Likes

thank you! i’ll try to pick some up at some point.

2 Likes

Maybe you shouldn’t be so fast to jump 2A conclusion.

8 Likes

Don’t tell me how 2B.

Crap.

5 Likes