2a yoyo string question

Hey y’all! I’m new to the forum, and have been lurking for a while. I picked up a shutter and replay pro pretty recently and have been looking at getting a pair of 2a yoyos to try 2a on. I settled on the 720s with some extra blue spacers to try that stuff out.

I do have a question.I recently bought sochi fat strings (really happy with them) and wanted to know if it can be used with 720s. I would really like to not buy new strings and would love to know if there is a way to use them with the 720s

Thanks a lot for helping!

1 Like

Some help might be found on this page:

2A Tuesdays

1 Like

This set up will work, just fat strings will negate the benefit of the blue spacers. A popular set up is Kitty Regular and one red, one blue spacer in the 720s. The blue spacers make the gap wider for more sleep time for wrap and tangler tricks. Also starburst can be hard on strings, I consider Sochi to be a premium string and it cost more than bulk ploy which works just fine for looping practice. But like all things yoyo, set ups are subjective and if it works for you and you play more 2A, than go for it.

1 Like

Oh, if there are cheaper options for strings, since looping is harsh on strings, I’ll definitely go for them. What string would you recommend?

For practice YYE bulk is the most economical and its just good string for 1A yoyos as well.

1 Like

How does monkeyfingervines compare in durability? It’s half the amount of strings for the same price, but was wondering

I’ve used Vines, they are good strings and have played them on my raiders, they hold up well. I also like them for 1A play as well is several yoyos responsive and unresponsive.

1 Like