2A Raider mod questions

There’s no way the whole nut is getting pushed into the molded plastic.

Then maybe, the axle breaks through the nut and cracks the plastic?

Bcmaddog, I think you missed the point of my post. The nut stops screwing when it hits the smooth part of the axle. You mentioned in another thread that you’ve never even owned a Yomega.

Does anybody experienced with Raiders or Fireballs know the answer to how “cranking” could possibly tighten the gap farther after the nuts have hit the smooth part of the axle?

I may not, however I have axles like that. Loop 1080 is very similar. Can’t you sand the spacers? No wait, how does this mod work it you can’t get passed the smooth part? Maybe you gotten as far as you can go.

I’m curious too. I took the bearing out completely and screwed it back together to see how small the gap is w/o the bearing. It’s basically the same as with the bearing in so I really don’t understand how it works myself. It is pretty close to the end of the threads already. There’s not much left to close up.

Is it possible to contact Pat?

I’m also surprised no one has jumped in, like Rizki_Yoist, Azunyan, HaruRay, etc… Because the nuts stop screwing at the smooth part of the axle, the only thing I see cranking can do is break the tower holding the nut. Then you’re done. Prove me wrong folks!

I just looked at my Raider axle, and it looks like the threads themselves are designed to stop screwing in at the end of the threading, before the wider part of the axle hits the nut. The angle of the threads flattens out maybe a millimeter or so before the axle widens so that it won’t screw into the angled threads of the nut. There is a small amount of smooth axle that could go through the nut if you could break past that last thread. It looks like you would have to force that final axle thread through the nut by basically breaking it or bending the thread to the right angle to screw it in all the way to the wide part of the axle. If you can do that, it looks like you could screw the axle in a bit further than what it initially stops at before the wide part of the axle stops it again.

I don’t have any broken parts to try it on, and I don’t especially want to break my Raider testing it, but that looks like what is going on from what I can see.

I now use my unresponsive raiders to fool around with some whips and 1A :stuck_out_tongue: