2013 YoYoFactory Mystery Box - Twitter Thursday!

I refreshed my broswer, and caught the countdown at 3 minutes and change. It seems the magic time was 3:45pm. I grabbed my phone to take a photo for Instagram…shows the countdown at a minute and change.

I didn’t know whether to do the transaction via Paypal or debit, but I went with Paypal and rolled the dice, because once I’m connected to Paypal…home free. Got the maximum 2, and the email confirm. :slight_smile:

My heart was racing, because there were some little delays, but I didn’t go crazy, just let the computer take it’s time and process each step. I think people make the mistake of having too many windows going at once, and pushing the buttons on the keyboard thinking it will make things go faster.

No problems getting mine two years in a row. :-\

1 Like

Thats exactly how I felt when I was ordering mine :smiley:

I waited on Facebook all day. Literally had the page open since 1:59. I saw the picture of the countdown on FB as soon as it was put up and was on the mystery box screen asap. Waited for the countdown to end and when it did I put one in my cart. It lagged, and lagged, and lagged. Finally it shows that I have one in my shopping cart, but that lags like hell too. When I do get into my shopping cart the guest checkout option lags horribly until finally it lets me through. And what do you know… for all my waiting and watching, I was finally allowed to purchase $0.00 worth of the mystery boxes.

Glad to see that the people who already have thousands of dollars worth of yoyos were able to buy two boxes.

…and it begins…

1 Like

Thats too bad they did go really really fast though fortunatly you have 7 more chances too get one

I only bought 1

Edit Theres no reason too get so mad at people you still have 7 more chances at it

Multiple crashes at checkout, finally it just removed the 2 Mystery Boxes from my cart completely and wouldn’t allow me to check out. My cart does still show the $5.50 shipping despite having 0 items in it lol.

Probably would’ve had a better chance had I just used a credit card to pay instead of trying to redirect to PayPal but oh well.

I’m pretty bummed out to see the free shipping offer over since so many other sites offer it…having to pay a $5.50 tax every time I decide I want string or bearings or something nearly guarantees that I will be making one purchase every 4-6 months at most instead of a bunch of small purchases constantly when I want to try some new little thing so they’re definitely costing themselves a pretty fair portion of my business for accessories.

I’ll probably be online refreshing waiting for the 2nd release today, but between a friend’s birthday tomorrow, flying home Wednesday and Thanksgiving Thursday there’s not a very realistic chance of me catching the other 6 releases. I won’t be too heartbroken if I’m not able to get a box or two but there are actually quite a few YYF throws that I think could realistically be in the box that I’d like to try (old Supernova, Catalyst, Roll Model, Severe) so it’s worth it to me to put a little effort into it.

im almost positive theres going to be equilaterals in the boxes …

like 99% positive

I read that someone was hungry and thirsty in here.

…with three days left to hate.

3 Likes

I grabbed up 2 of those bad boys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re selling a Majesty and Model 10, and you list your favourite yoyo as the YYR Sleipnir. Tell me again about your life of poverty?

Don’t get snappy. You win some, you lose some.

2 Likes

:smiley:
good one TA

For some reason, the countdown didn’t show up for me…maybe because I’m on the app?

Yeah when I saw another site selling Equilaterals for 55% off I thought it would be a distinct possibility. I’m mildly interested in that one too but mostly because the silver/black acid wash one reminds me of a cow and looks cool =P

May we have a moment to celebrate the fact that the servers kinda survived the first release. (I’m not getting one, its not worth pressing the refresh button a million times.)

That could be it but idk

YES Lets celebrate!
Im gonna go get some Ice cream :smiley:

So I thought I didn’t get them, since Paypal didn’t take my order. BUT… according to the My Account page, I got an order confirmation in there. So I emailed Andre and he said the order did go through and that they were mine.

He’s sending me my request for payment soon. ;D

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bhmpics.com/download/success_kid-other.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bhmpics.com/success_kid-wallpapers.html&h=1695&w=2550&sz=536&tbnid=lS1uN99UGsA_jM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&zoom=1&usg=__3s-RFVgkHnxhF6nAH-fNekD1xXg=&docid=6DRBi79n13LAqM&sa=X&ei=ksOTUt3cCOXdsASOsoGoCA&ved=0CDwQ9QEwAQ

YESSS! No more staring at Facebook for hours at a time!

1 Like

I’m guessing this as well. Equilateral + CTX + Multi-Tool + something feels about right.