2013 YoYoFactory Mystery Box - Twitter Thursday!

thats sweet

I did this today, because the day that most people are going to be trying to get one of these isā€¦tomorrow, the via the Newsletter. I didnā€™t want as much competition. The good thing about the Newsletter, is that it is just a mass email. So if you have a mobile device, and you set it to chime when you get a new email, you will have notice of the countdown right away via your phone/Ipodā€¦whatever. You will have time to get to a computer and try to check out. The bad thing about the newsletter is that everyone will get the email simultaneously, and there will be more competition to get one. A lot of people have everything riding on tomorrow, and unlike all the other days, it is the day where everyone will mostly get the notice at the same moment. I would hate to be up against that. If it didnā€™t work out for me today, I was going to skip tomorrow, for sure, and get back to it Wednesday.

I think tomorrow will be the toughest of all days to get one. :-\

That makes perfect sense

I think wendsday and thirsday will be the easiest to get one because FB is way more popular tan insgram and twitter (no offense to people that use those sites)

But Im just glad I was able too get one today so I dont have to worry about it the rest of the weak

1 Like

Actually, no I donā€™t. Today is my only free day of the week. Iā€™m going to try again tonight, but it probably wonā€™t happen for me. I mean I watched FB until it came up and didnā€™t get it and I canā€™t do that again so Iā€™ll probably miss out on the ā€˜shortā€™ countdown completely.

I was just lazing around and figured ā€œlets check to see if theyā€™re upā€. Hadnā€™t been on the site in about 5 hours, yet I opened it with 3 minutes to go. Talk about timing.

Well thats too bad :-[

Tomarrows notification comes via YYE news letter so you can set your phone tooo chime when you get an Email so that wont take as much time

I had a Sleipnir, and had to sell it for cash. I have a Model 10 and Majesty, and am trying to sell them for cash, or trade for something like a Chief that is easier to sell on ebay. Donā€™t talk to me about poverty. You have no idea. Iā€™m lucky that Iā€™ve been able to try the yoyos I have, but I know I canā€™t keep them for too long before they have to be sold.

Cool!

For me, Iā€™m not getting one, but I went to check and i saw that 35 were in stock, then 30, then 23, then 12, then 0ā€¦

:

:smiley:

When I finished the checkout process and went back too check and they were all gone

Yeh I didnā€™t plan on getting one either. I posted on this thread to let people know that might not have facebook, but it looks like it was a free-for-all as expected. Impressed that YYEā€™s servers could handle it.

Plenty of Ricochets in stock so I might grab one for my first Titanium come Friday. :slight_smile:

I agree Erik. I donā€™t like Facebook or Twitter, but love Instagram. I didnā€™t have to work during the day today, and most people do, or theyā€™re in school, so I knew I had a chance. If this didnā€™t work out todayā€¦I was going to shoot for Instagram next. I think the Newsletter day will be a tough one. The newsletter will cause the most potential problems. If everyone gets that email chime, and starts running to the computer, they are all checking out at once. Today, some people were right there at the end of the countdown, some thirty seconds, a minute, or two after, so people werenā€™t all submitting data at the same time. But, at least they can weed out everyone who got what they wanted today. As the week goes onā€¦less people to worry about. If I was trying to get one, Iā€™d skip tomorrow, and go for one of the other two days.

I got to the page when there was a minute thirty left on the count down

Another whistler xD
(Last year there was an avante garde and a whistler)

Really hoping to get one tonight because it just so happened I was taking a Geometry test when the first release dropped. tear At least I am off school the rest of the week so I will be ready to go for all the other drops.

Good luck to ya :smiley:

Well I tried to get one, but I was reading and then it caught me by surprise. I went to the site and they had 11 in stock, then the page crashed and then it said 0 in stock lol. Anyways I will try tonight to get one.

Everyone, May the odds be ever in your favor!

Actually I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they had some old Supernovas, Superstars, G-Funks, or some Roll Models leftover from the Championā€™s Collection

Oh god Iā€™m hoping to pick one up within these next 3 hoursā€¦ The wait begins

Hm, since Equilaterals seem pretty likely I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll try for a box. I really, really didnā€™t like the Equilateral. I may end up holding out for one of the other boxes or buying one of azunyanā€™s protos, which look AMAZING.