2 problems (long sleep ,break away)

ok so i just got a freehand zero yoyo (http://yoyowiki.org/wiki/Blazing_Teens_Storm_Eagle)

my big first problem is that yoyo max sleeps for like 20sec ,avg:13sec ,and thats rly annoying ,any tips ?
and second is the break away trick ,i can’t figure it out even after seeing the vid on this site ,other than this one and around the world ,i know the beginners tricks ,and know 2/3 mid ,so need help on this one cuz other tricks depend on it .

Just practice your throw.

mm… any idea how ? i been like this for like say 4days .

aa also forgot to ask ,is it the yoyo problem or just me ,but the yoyo makes rly high noise when thrown ,also another thing ,whats the max sleep for this yoyo ?

Just throw harder, and make sure you whip your wrist at the end. Practise throwing it straight, so it doesn’t lean.

break away
make a muscle and whip the yoyo out sideway.
I was easier to learn for me when I figured out to throw out to my right like a pendulum instead of down like is was trying to do a sleeper. Let it swing slower, to the other side and have faith that is will come to your hand then it starts to lose steam. I kept yanking at it, thinking it needed my help, and hit myself in the face twice.

For the Sleeper… you want to make sure that you didn’t tilt your hand when you threw it, so don’t turn your hand over until the yoyo is spinning at the end of the string. Make sure you snap your wrist when releasing the yoyo. Or something you could do is get a ruler and set it on the ground, then throw your sleeper and align it with the ruler… is it straight or tilted? Just practice these things multiple times and you’ll be fine.

To throw a breakaway, you have to be able to throw a good sleeper. To throw a breakaway, you have to flex your arm at the side as if you’re showing off your muscles. :smiley: Then throw a sidways sleeper. Repeat some of the steps above like pay attention to your hand, don’t turn your hand over until the end, and snap your wrist. But make your you do all of these sideways, for it to be a breakaway.

Good Luck and I hoped these tips were helpful! :wink:
Remember: Keep Practicing and don’t give up! (although you can take a “break”!) Lol! ;D

aa i see thanks ^^ ,but i still can’t seem to do the sleeper like the one in the vid ,i just made up my own throwing way ,kinda same ,but i hold it in another way (sometimes go titled ) i guess i ll take a break and try again later ,cuz i just can’t seem to do it right atm ,anyway thanks everyone ^^

aa btw none answered me ,“is it the yoyo problem ,the yoyo makes rly high noise when thrown ,also another thing ,whats the max sleep for this yoyo (http://yoyowiki.org/wiki/Blazing_Teens_Storm_Eagle) ?”

Hmmm.
Well, its either stuff in the bearing or, more likely, its the string rubbing against the response system (brake pads with yours I believe). If it’s the later, then it will go away with practice as you and your yoyo break in.

i don’t rly know stuff about yoyos but it says starburst response system ,is that brake pads ?

On the breakaway, experiment with different grips. I know when I started I had trouble keeping it straight (which dramatically improves sleep times) so I tilted the yoyo a couple different ways. I throw my sleeper with a finger in the gap but when I do a breakaway I have both fingers on the rim at about a 45 degree angle with the gap. It is kind of weird but that is how I do it.

the break away throw was the hardest for me to learn. how i eventually did it was take a peace of tape or something on the ground and try to line the yoyo up with that when i threw it. as for the actual throw i just imagined a target a few feet form me me about, shoulder high and aimed for that. the starburst is the response, it looks like well, a star coming form the center of the yoyo where the bearing is. best of luck!

Yeah, that makes sense then. I just googled your yo and it had come up with brake pads.
if you look down into the yoyo, you’ll see a bunch of raised plastic bumps near the bearing. That is your starburst. it grabbs the string so it cab come back to your hand.
So it’s the string rubbing against the star burst that makes that noise and it will lessen as your throw gets straighter.

Also, that storm eagle yoyo you were asking about. Sleep time has more to do with your skill than the yoyo. Though if your already awesome, an awesome yoyo will still make you more awesome than a mediocre yoyo. There are no max sleeping times on any yoyo
But as far at that, auldey and aoda aren’t the most consistent manufacturers, so it’s hard to tell exactly what you have. Do you have the Duncan or the auldey?

i have the Auldey .

on the fhz you should silicon reces the fhz my frend siconed his and it is great he can do all of the tricks ont that i can do on my 888 here is vid to learn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2koXkqDH24 and to learn the break away better try stang with you feet aganst the wall the try throughing the yoyo inbetween the wall and you legs and if you practice that eventullay you can through a good break away. hope this helped

mine isn’t duncan or do same on auldey ? anyway i don’t have the machines .

for the breakaway…throw the yoyo sideways… :wink:

Better throw, throw until you think your finger will rip off :o. More you do it the pain will be gone. ;D

well the link says its a knock of yoyo
thats LIKE a FHZ so the max sleep time
can differ