135A and alchemy strings

What would be a nice yoyo for 135A play (besides the genesis)?

1. What size do you prefer? regular (dark magic, legacy) (small-medium for 5a)
  2. What shape do you prefer? butterfly
  3. What response do you prefer? any form of silicone
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it? yes
  5. What weight is ideal to you? 65+ grams
  6. Does color matter? no
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? fast, grinding, slacks, whips, flashy tricks, gyro flops
  8. What is your skill level? advanced

Also, how long to alchemy strings take to break in and how long do they last? i dont want to spend a day of breaking in to have to break in another one in a week.

wat is 135A ???

135A= 1A + 3A + 5A So a yoyo that is good for those three styles. Well what is your price range? You mentioned the Genesis so I assume it is atleast $85. Well, the YYF Lunatic meets all of your preferences. Well it has K pads instead of silicone. I use it for 1A and it plays great. It has a wide gap for 3A and 5A. It can grind very well. There are also small and large bearing versions of it. The Lunatic is also a bit smaller than the DM and Legacy. If you want to get two of the same yoyo for 3A then a PGM v2 is a excellent choice. It is close in size to the DM. It is one gram below what you said though. But it also has a texture on it to allow for great grinds despite it being a plastic. The hubstacks are a plus, too.
Alchemy strings usually break in quite fast. Well at least for me they do. They last quite a while. I have had the same one on my PGM v2 for a week and it is still going strong. Alchemy are my favorite strings. Well, I hope this helped. :wink:

1 Like

New breed, Protostar? or do you want a metal?

thank you, ill try to find a pgm2

I can go weeks and weeks without having to change my Alchemies. That’s one thing you definitely won’t have to worry about with those.

Don’t go with the pgm. It just is easily beat by my hitman and mini motu and it really spins out faster than all of my yoyos. I like it for 5a though, because I’m a complete beginner in that department.

Alchemies break in pretty fast and last really long like 2 weeks ir so, nice for whips and slacks too.