10 years smoke free! Not One Puff!

This is so awesome! So happy for you!

3 Likes

Congrats to you!

I quit about 12 years ago.

I don’t crave cigarettes, but whenever I see someone smoking I would love to join then for one last smoke.

9 Likes

Congratulations. As a former smoker for 17 years I feel your accomplishment in reaching 10 years. I quit smoking analog smokes last October. October this year will be 1 year for me. I do use an ecig occasionally. There are differing opinions on that subject and would prefer not to go there lol. It blows my mind that it’s been almost a year, I cant imagine how you must feel reaching 10 years. Congratulations friend. I dont think anyone who has never smoked, can truly appreciate how big of an accomplishment that is!

8 Likes

I have never even tried one before

6 Likes

I’m glad for you guys!

5 Likes

Back in the day, I quit for 2 whole years like it was nothing. I don’t even remember thinking twice about it. Fast forward about a decade and my word, how things have changed.

5 Likes

The only drug I am addicted to is the dopamine release you get from doing high speed yoyo tricks

8 Likes

10 years! Damn that’s a good amount of time! Congrats! That’s one hard habit to break. And congrats on beating cancer!

2 Likes

Since I started messing with yoyos about 22 years ago. You are the very first person to ever say anything about high speed yoyo trick combos producing a dopamine flash.

Not saying it isn’t true.

Just never heard that before.

And since I don’t do high speed trick combos. I will probably never know, lol.

5 Likes

Congrats man! Smoking is such a bad habit to pick up.

2 Likes

And expensive.

5 Likes

I gave up in 2007 after 20 years of smoking. It was amongst one of the best things that I have ever done.

7 Likes

i think you are incorrect, 6 means EVERYTHING! anyone that has smoked knows how hard it is. you have made a series of ACCOMPLISHMENTS that you should be proud of every time you see your kids, not failures. you’ve cut 3/4 of the butt load, your truck doesn’t stink as much, and your family is waiting for you when you get there… which means you still got up that day… to knock another one down.

5 more to go.

6 Likes

Hell yeah…great words of encouragement, @fatguysnacks247 ! :fist_right: :boom: :fist_left:

Absolutely agree @tanker…you’re doing great and should be proud as heck of yourself on the huge cut back!

It gets easier!

5 Likes

I do appreciate that. We’ll get there.

7 Likes

Congrats…I understand personal addition as well.
Recently, I told my mother that I would help her smoke that 1 last cigarette right up until she hits the grave. Whatever it takes. Quality of Life, vs Quantity of Life.
As a family…We’ve eaten so much sh*t in life, we don’t even realize it taste bad anymore. Let the good times roll.

Cheers~

1 Like

Well done guys.

It only took a heart attack and surgery for me to quit. Nothing like laying on a hospital trolley and thinking “is this all there is” for the incentive to kick in.

5 Likes

/necropost

Just bumping this up to shout out that as of the 11th of this month it’s been 11 years now! No need for a big celebration this year, but I did want to post it somewhere :).
I freaking love my quit and I still hold on to it tight.
Anyhow, another year down! Woot Woot!

N.O.P.E.
Not One Puff Ever!

23 Likes

I’m vaping right now, I enjoy it…

But a little over 5 years clean

3 Likes

Great to hear, twitch. Good on ya. :+1:

2 Likes