10 ball problems

ok when i got my 10 ball bearing i played with it and found out after 2 hours it was still not yet broken in so i cleaned it and put a drop of thin lube on a needle but when i played it for 2 hours it was still kinda responsive…so does breaking in a 10 ball take hours because yyj bearings only took me half an hour to break in…Or maybe some of the silicone i put yesterday went to my 10 ball?(yesterday i silicone recess my yoyo)…right now im trying to clean it again

Tips would be appreciated…

thanks

10-balls take a while to break in

I cleaned my 10 ball and after a week it played amazingly and it was like the smoooothest bearing ever. Just play with it for a couple days and you wont be dissapointed. :slight_smile:

It takes a long time for those bearings to break in. The more you play, the better it will get.

My bearing took 2 weeks to break but its worth it

did you guys add lube???

Adding lube to a not broken in bearing will do nothing but make it take longer to break in, no matter how thin or thick it is. If you want to naturally break it in, it may take a couple of weeks. Mine took 1.5 months. You either have to be patient or clean it.

so after i clean it do i still need to play with it???or can i just add lube directly?

After you clean it, do not lube it. If you do, it will be the whole breaking in process all over. Clean it, dry it very well, and run it dry. In my opinion, that make the 10-Ball play at it’s full potential.

thanks for the help!!!Oh yeah one more question “so do you play your 10 ball dry or lubed???”

Me?
I play mine dried.

If you want it to last longer, lube it.

I clean it, blow it with compressed air, then stick a needle into the bottle of lube so theres like a microscopic drop on it and touch one of the bearings balls with it. Then I spin it on a pencil to spread the small amount of lube, after a few days it plays like its just broken in.

Not really. You don’t even need to lube it. So far, it hasn’t made a bit of a difference for me, and my 10Ball is still running smooth.

I run mine dry.

If you ever get something in there though, I’d clean it (I would recommend compressed air), and the put on a little bit of YYJ Thin Lube.

Really? Must be the quality of the 10ball

Yep, stainless stell.

just try playing with it :slight_smile:

OK, this is what I did today and and worked PERFECTLY. My M1 was still responsive and didn’t spin for an incredibly long time. Ready? Here we go.

1. De-shield your bearing
  2. Shake it in a jar of mineral spirits for about 5 minutes
  3. Spin it on a paintbrush or pencil for about 30 seconds
  4. Blow it with compressed air for about 30 seconds
  5. Put thin lube on a needle, then touch it to one ball
  6. Repeat step 5, but touch it to the OPPOSITE ball
  7. Repeat step 3
  8. Re-shield bearing
  9. Put it in your yo-yo, put a new string on, and play with it.

After this my M1 was completely unresponsive and I can sleep it for MUCH longer. Probably 3-4 minutes.
I hope this helped!