1 1/2 Mount, Trapeze return.

Hi. I’m new to this forum. But anyway, I’m beginning to get into the “advanced” section and I need to learn the 1 1/2 mount. I have the basic concept down, however every time i land it my yo-yo just falls to the side. This is weird because I can do trapezes, double, and triple or nothings without it doing this. Any tips on keeping it straight?

Also, in some of Andre’s tutorial videos he binds the yo-yo back to his hand with a cool-looking spin move from a trapeze. I’ve been watching his videos and mimicking it, but it’s not working. It ends up either binding and hitting my finger, or spinning out of control and getting the string all twisted up. If anyone knows what I’m talking about, help would be much appreciated.

Okay, first of all BE MORE SPECIFIC. Post one of Andre’s vids and tell us when he does it. Second, do you mean that the yoyo doesn’t hit the string? If you aren’t hitting the string in succession, all I can say is practice practice practice.

At about :15.

As for the 1 1/2 mount, the yo-yo hits the string, it’s just that once it lands it falls on its side. I’m honestly stumped, it’s a really simple maneuver. I guess practice is the best way to go.

That bind is called the “rolling bind”.
http://vimeo.com/1712932
(at about 2:05)

For the 1 and 1/2 mount, what do you mean your yoyo fall on its ‘side’?

Thanks, Cinimod. I actually got it now. 8)

As for the 1 1/2, it’s as if instead of spinning straight it had fallen over like in a UFO. This is especially annoying because it is really annoying to unwind.

i dont know idf this has already been cleared up but andre plays with a Dark Magic which is semi responsive and he can bind from a trapeze because its semi responsive. you probably cant do this because you have a completely responsive yoyo and it is not ment to bind from a trapeze but from a backwards trapeze i think you could prabaly do the same spinning motion from a backwards trapeze but it might take a little practice.

I think that was due to your throw being crooked, or that it is not strong enough. You can try working on your throw, and see what happens.

First, please tell us what yoyo you’re using. Second, is the yoyo snagging the string? If it is, widen the gap if you can, or get a new yoyo with a wider gap for christmas :wink:

I’m using an Xconvict with a KonKave. It’s not snagging the string, but I’ll try working on my throw.

the cool spin move thing is a rolling bind and how i got it down was just moving my non-throw hand around the yoyo and binding like that and then i just practiced rolling the yoyo not trying to bind it but keeping it on the string and then i put them together and got rolling binds

and for the 1 and a half mount do you move your throw hand in to give it some place to go. If that does not help land a trap and put your throw hand pointer finger in and make kinda of a triangle then pop the yoyo up and hit the top string and your in a 1 and a half mount.
PS thats how i got them and hope this helps you

and also you might need a less responsive yoyo sometimes thats the real problem

I don’t mean to offend you, but your grammar is horrible. I don’t think anyone can understand what you are saying. (Eats, shoots, leaves)

If you’re still struggling with the mount, you can always try raising your non throw hand ever so slightly at the point where you swing the yo-yo over your index finger. That should naturally give the string the minutest bit of breathing room, which may be all you need.

Good luck with it.