Zero Gravity Return Tops — Basilisk to be released soon here at YYE!

Yup, same definition for us too.

1 Like

Maybe share a picture of the actual yo-yo then?

3 Likes

Thanks Patrick—I have your contact info handy.

1 Like

We are not planning and we do not have to put our entire process in posts.

We always welcome comments, assumptions, and critiques, because we believe everyone is free to share his or her opinions or thoughts.

We like the way we share our news.

3 Likes

Share as much, or as little in this case, as you want. I’ve said all I wanted to say on the matter. If people want to buy your prototypes then job well done.

3 Likes

Good—you do what you have to do @YoYoExpertGarrett. We will never sell prototypes as a final product to our customers. It is not ethical and definitely not what we stand for.

I am surprised that you arrived to such a conclusion without even knowing the facts. However, we will continue to be open to all opinions because that is what community is all about.

Starting a company takes time, takes courage and all we need is the support from the community. Our goal remains the same. We will always do our best.

We thank all of our supporters— stay tuned!

4 Likes

I would love to know the facts. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

What was the total run size for the winglet and what are you aiming the run size to be for the Ibex? Just curious, since my own design is being prototyped now and will probably do a run of 50.

I don’t see why you wouldn’t share a picture of a real life proto unless you don’t have them. it’s not like it’s some trade secret when you’re posting cad renders… takes two seconds to snap a pic and upload.

2 Likes

Yes, our run size will be pretty similar at this point.

The prototype of the rendered picture is being made as it was suggested in the initial post.

The picture here is the initial prototype that we tested and made adjustments to. We are not going to be posting prototype pictures every time—it is just not our thing.

I cannot imagine all manufacturers posting pictures of their prototypes every time. We like focusing on the end product.

We re working hard behind the scenes to surprise our customers to ensure that they get a great throw.

We just like to share our news differently. That’s it.

11 Likes

Most small and unproven manufacturers (like yourself) do.

Sorry for wanting to know you’re actually testing the throws before they’re released, just posting cad renders doesn’t assuage that concern; posting photos of actual prototypes does. So, thank you for posting a picture of a real proto!

3 Likes

I think it was suspicious because of how soon he ordered his new yoyo. Glad he proved us wrong.

I appreciate the effort Jeduardo puts in to releasing yoyos, it takes a bit of time and effort.

But so much just seems to strike the wrong cord or something, I’m not sure how to put it. I’m not convinced that he understands what the modern yoyo market is like these days. He intended the Winglet to be a budget friendly competition yoyo that people can afford, as though he thought these kinds of yoyos just aren’t around… Yet he claims to know what’s out there?

Then he releases the Winglet with these raised rim edges. There is no way that would be comfortable, no matter how it’s described. Isn’t that obviously a bad design choice? How did that get an OK after testing? Does he really understand yoyo design in how a yoyo should feel on the throw and return.

Now there’s the Ibex which looks like something straight from EBay or Amazon that would sell for $15. Not that it might not play fine, but it’s particularly plain. Is that a fingerspin dimple in the cup? Why is it so small?

I know I’m about to get slammed for saying this stuff, so I’m going to go out to my workshop and grab my faceshield and hide behind my DV888.

5 Likes

This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, but man… Between this thread and the Winglet thread I’ve seen this community verge on being a bit savage. Did I miss some backstory? Did Jeduardo hook up with someone’s significant other? Kick someone’s puppy? Twice now he’s taken heat for not doing things “the right way” and both times it’s struck me as a bit much. I have also noticed how well Jeduardo has handled this. Mad props, man.

FWIW, I’ve yet to see or hear a negative comment about the Winglet from anyone who has actually played it…

19 Likes

I’ve got a winglet on the way. I will report back here when I’ve had some time with it to express my interest or disinterest on the shape, smoothness, and playability. I will also note that in the mean time, you should stop by G2 Nates YouTube channel “Let’s Talk Yoyos” and watch his review of the winglet. He had nothing bad to say about @jeduardo ‘s product and that’s saying something.

4 Likes

The ibex looks great, and while I completely understand how the marketing and pro typing stages of manufacturing and selling yo-yos, I have really enjoyed the way that you guys have been releasing your products. I’m not sure why @jeduardo is getting so many harsh reactions regarding his marketing style, and I feel these reactions are a bit unfair. Keep up the good work @jeduardo .

I have a winglet on the way and I’m eager to order an ibex as well! :heart:

5 Likes

ok—I am having a cup of coffee while I am writing this. I think I need it this time.

Our statement/goal/mission/vision/intention or whatever you want to name it was to “to create high quality professional metal yo-yos by maintaining the cost as low as we can”. Trust me, I believe and will keep working on this. We are not claiming or comparing ourselves with nobody else. We are also not claiming that we are inventing the wheel by offering products at such price.

We are also aware that there is no right or wrong. There are different tastes outside and no one has the right one. For someone a yoyo might be the best and most comfortable one, for other the same yoyo can be awful. That is why everyone is unique.

I do not know how you get the OK of your yoyos, but whatever way you get it, as long as it is ok for you and your company that is what really matters.

Once again, we respect any opinion or comment about our designs. I am not here to change how you think. We are loving what we are doing. We love yoyoing as much as you guys do. I think yoyo unites.

If you think our yoyos look straight from eBay or Amazon, that’s fine. At the end of the day it is your choice to get it or not.

If this is going to be our path going forward, it is ok. We will contnue focusing on what we are doing and in improving every time.

Thanks for reading.

7 Likes

@Roy_Dodge and @Bjorn_ofyoyo,

Thanks for jumping in and for your comments–really appreciate it. As a person and as a company, we want to do our best for our customers. I do not think we want to do the opposite. We really want our customers to enjoy and to have fun with our throws!

5 Likes

Good to see an actual prototype. That means a whole lot more than just sharing CAD renders, at least to me. :+1:

8 Likes