YYWS Capstan '22 - Specifications, FIRST LOOK, & First and Second Colorway - L@@K!

So the cat’s out of the bag now that our YYE x YYWS Giveaway has come to a close.

The new YYWS model will be a complete overhaul of the original Capstan. We’re calling this “Capstan '22”

Here are the specs:

Material: 6061
Diameter: 53mm
Width: 40mm
Gap: 4.64mm
Weight: 62.1g
Bearing: D Sized

We’re aiming for an April/May release. As usual, I’m interested in community feedback. So without playing it - what are your thoughts based on the specs alone? (you can also see a picture of the profile and the artwork in the “YYWS x YYE Giveaway” thread under “General Yo-Yo”)

Thanks!
-Wayne

20 Likes

I like the specs . Not a fan of crazy wide YoYos . Looks like it will be a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Thanks, Chris. We opted for something a little smaller and ‘pocket friendly’ this go around. Think…“clyw pickaxe” sized.

Would you consider the Redacted to be crazy wide?

1 Like

No redacted is okay I think a lot of YoYos are going into that 47mm and above width . It’s not a deal breaker for me but it’s just not really in my preference.

2 Likes

Slim shape…organic…d bearing…

Sounds like you’ve got a hit on your hands! Especially among forum users.

Congratulations! I anticipate good sales.

5 Likes

I like what I see! I’m a big fan of under-sized organics and of D bearings.
I like where you have the weight at right now, too.

3 Likes

Oh, completely unrelated to the Capstan…

…but a little birdy told me more VonBoom Redacted’s are coming this Friday.

Just sayin’.

8 Likes

I tend to go against the grain on some things… I love the specs, but I’m not a fan of the D-bearing simply because of the fact I own mostly C’s and I like to be able to swap different ones out if needed (i.e. they get noisy and I don’t want to clean them that day)

However, with that being said, the D-bearing is very good as far as play style goes, and a good choice in that regard.

Excited to see pics and get one into my hands, perhaps I’ll be converted to the D-Bearing club!? :+1:

1 Like

We’re toying with the idea of shipping the Capstan ‘22 with two bearings, both D sized, but for this exact reason.

If one gunks up or gives out on you, you’ll have redundancy. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing about your membership into the d bearing club!

4 Likes

Slightly Undersized D bearings are my jam I’ll defiantly snag one. Any chance you’ll do that same Tiffany blue on these? Love that color.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, I thought I replied.

We may bring Tiffany back, but for Capstan '22 - we’re going back to our splash and speckle anodizing.

2 Likes

Great I love it it’s way deeper in person and photos defiantly don’t do it justice.

1 Like

It’s a great color indeed! I’m wrestling with the idea of doing a speckle or a splash with that tiffany color as a base.

“So many choices, so little time”

2 Likes

That’s a hard color to pair because it’s so distinct I think black would be about the only way. A fade to black would be sick.

2 Likes

The specs look awesome! I can’t wait to snag one, if I’m lucky enough to get one that is… I love the way a D bearing throw feels and plays, my only complaint is that you loose spin time with the smaller bearing… It’d be really cool if you could use a C or a D bearing in it! Oh by the way I’m guessing if it’s D bearing there won’t be side effects in this design…?

2 Likes

Correct, we are ditching the side effect as part of our “revised and reimagined” concept!

1 Like

Sounds interesting for sure! I can’t wait to see the finished product!

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

Well I already know what colorway I’ll be getting…

7 Likes

Frieza is absolutely gorgeous on the Halyard, and will be nearly identical on the Capstan '22. Great choice!

3 Likes