YYWS Capstan '22 - Specifications, FIRST LOOK, & First and Second Colorway - L@@K!

I’ve made up my mind. This yoyo will ship with two bearings, as some people don’t have a stockpile of D bearings…so if one craps out on you, you’ll have a spare which will afford you the time to order yourself another.

I hope this strategy is well received. I think it is a logical choice.

9 Likes

I think this is a great idea.

I bought a moonshine way back in the day and the half spec bearing crapped out like a month later. Not having another, the yoyo was unplayable.

I think you’re saving one or two customers a huge headache.

2 Likes

FIRST LOOK:

15 Likes

17 Likes

Cool cup!

1 Like

Looks so smooth, can’t wait to see more! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thursday/Friday - more pics :slight_smile:

1 Like

How usable is that finger spin hub?

2 Likes

It looks like it’ll be excellent at a pull start to fingerspin and very rewarding to hit with a normal fingerspin. Also looks like off center fingerspins will be great.

3 Likes

It is the exact size of an average pointer finger :slight_smile:

AKA: highly usable.

1 Like

It’s not easy to tell in the image, but when I get around to taking better photos you’ll see - there is a very gradual slope to the fingerspin area. Even with the three circular indents surrounding it, the finger glides right over them. It’s really cool and looks neat, imo.

3 Likes

Lastly (for today), here is a comparison of the original CAPSTAN vs. CAPSTAN '22.

The solid green is the CAPSTAN '22, and the orange outline is the original:

I’d love to hear everybody’s thoughts.

11 Likes

Looks like it will have more center axle weight, which I personally enjoy.

Or maybe I should rephrase that, more weight directed towards the center…

1 Like

If you look closely, the center thickness is not THAT thick. It’s actually the minimum allowable thickness (of course, it CAN be thinner…but for longevity, the thickness is the minimum recommended for this material).

From an engineering perspective, there is significantly more weight in the rim than there is in the center.

And it still comes in at 62.1g :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The flatter profile must feel really nice on the catch and I’d bet it plays zippy with the chuck of mid weight.

4 Likes

I think it’s a nice change for sure. It will be a bouncy capable feeling organic.

3 Likes

Thanks Glen, agreed on all fronts.

Big fan of your stuff - keep it coming!

3 Likes

12 Likes

We just got our “first look” at our new US-based anodizing jobs on the Capstan '22.

Whhhhhoooooo-wee they are spectacular. Think: old CLYW

Once we physically get them, we’ll snap some pics and share them with you guys. Probably later this week or early next.

I am so pumped. YYWS crazy anodizing is back!

-Wayne

15 Likes

Just buy a few extra d bearings.

1 Like