Capstan '22: Small yo, big fun

This yoyo is FUN. Full stop. Although undersized, the usage of a d-bearing gives the Capstan the feel of a normal-sized yoyo’s power thanks to having a smaller turning point (hooray for physics). It also probably has to do with the fact that it weighs 62.1 grams, which is somewhat heavy for its size. Overall this means that the Cap feels literally like a competition-grade monometal, just only if it got struck by a shrink ray. Smooth texture lends itself well to grinds, although it has a tendency to be a bit hoppy on finger grinds unless you find the exact angle it likes. Talon grinds go well with this yo given its ledge along the rim.

This yoyo also features a beautiful finish. I traded my Legendary Terrarian for this one in the Escape from Alcatraz colorway. Although I lost a good yoyo, I have no regrets having gotten this in return.

Although sold out in most places, I would suggest jumping on one whenever you see it offered. You won’t regret this pocket-sized champ.

Ben’s Alphabetacular Rating: S

8 Likes

@EF.n.YOYO You seriously made a winner here. Fricking bravo to the people at YYWS

1 Like

Big thanks, bud :pray:! Hella appreciate you taking the time for this write up. Love to see that you’re enjoying your Cappy '22 and that you have no regrets. You got one in the best colorway, too. :wink:
Ef.

4 Likes

Tbh if you guys did a rerun on them I would also get the Frieza colorway in a heartbeat

2 Likes

Say what now? Frieze colorway?
IMG_3771

Ooo I do want a d bearing yoyo…

2 Likes

Get the Cappy! It is amazing

4 Likes

Frieza colorway is definitely a team favorite.

4 Likes

Ok I did the thing! Got the Alcatraz colorway too. Thanks for the review!

3 Likes

You’ll like this one, I’ve seen your posts on what you’re throwing and I think this one will nicely slot in as being unique and high quality.

Can agree too with everything in the post. The finish is truly amazing, stands out in my collection as one of the best (and I have a b grade!), it’s just got this nice velvet to it.

4 Likes

Thank you for the insight! I’m super pumped to get it now. I also wanted to check the D bearing just for something different.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone, especially OP for the glowing review.

ENJOY!

5 Likes

Yea it’s a really fun throw

3 Likes

Just realized my DD 5050 hybrid is D bearing too and I really like it so this checks out :joy:

2 Likes