YYJ Dark Magic Review

So I recently got my dm version 1 and I decided to make a review.
I couldn’t find the stats but heres my best estimate.

diameter: about 2.50 inches. just a little bit taller than the version 2

width: about 1.40 inches. just a little less width than the dm2

weight: about 70 grams or 71 grams

Look: It looked actually lighter than the dm2 because my dm2 is opaque, black and my dm1 is transluesent red. The plastic sort of makes a ridge on the metal like the metal rings are to small like
/=platic --=metal so /----

On a throw: I had to tinker around with it to get it to my liking, but I liked it! It was solid and spun for a while. A lot of people hate the hybrid response, and my only dislike to the hybrid is that it made a high pitched sound when the string hit the plastic and sometimes snags in a complicated atom bomb move i do.
The grinds are good and the thumb grinds sort of suck. Just kidding they’re awesome.
I can’t do gyroscopic flop with this yoyo but i thing thats from the flat bearing. idk.

I can do all my long combos with this without fear other than fear of tilting during eli hops.(working on that)

To sum it up cons: snaggy noisy annoying adjustably gap pros: playable fun grinding machine and heavy.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Sounds like a decent review. Maybe next time do a little research for the specs, and put a little info about the “guts” and the look. Pics never hurt.

p.s. I can do gyros forever on my DM (v1), and I too use the flat bearing. :stuck_out_tongue:

well I guessed the specs because all stores that care to include specs have switched to dm2 and I compared it to version 2

That was a good review. Just some things to keep in mind next time:

• Make sure the stats are accurate, not estimations.
  • Some more thoughts on comparisons to other yoyos (you only briefly compared it to a DM2).
  • Pictures help alot. They make the review more detailed.

… Other than those things, it was a great review. You did a nice job in telling us the pros and cons of this yoyo.

Just a side question: How did you manage to get a DM1 now that it is discontinued? Did you already have it for a while? Did you get one from bst? I’m just curious…