YYF Wedge Horrible Wobble

I just got a wedge a couple of days ago and I love it. However, when I screwed it back together today, it seems like the two halves are not parallel when I screw it tight and produces a horrible wobble. You can probably tell from the photo that there’s a gap between the bearing and the yoyo when I twist it back together. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Did you cross thread it? If it’s really tight and it’s not going back together nice and flat, then you probably cross threaded it. It should be really easy to screw together till the very end when the bearing is pressed onto whichever post it’s not already on. If it’s not cross threaded, make sure the bearing is seating correctly and carefully try again, maybe try starting with the bearing on the other half.

3 Likes

Ok yeah that makes sense. The axle is pretty loose right now. I’ll try to switch the bearing to the other side. How do I pull the bearing out though? It seems pretty stuck on one side. Sorry I’m a newbie at this stuff

The best way to go about it is with a bearing removal tool, but if you don’t have one, a pair of needle nose pliers would do the trick. Just have to be careful with pliers not to crush your bearing.

1 Like

If the bearing is stuck on one side, just leave it for now. In fact, press it flat onto the post it’s stuck on, just to be sure it’s seated correctly. If the threads aren’t ruined, carefully screw the yo-yo back together making sure you are not cross threading it. It should spin together freely until the two halves are almost together. When you get the two halves almost together, it will get a little tight as the bearing is pressed onto the post. Make sure the bearing is going on nice and flat; if it’s fully pressed onto one post already, it shouldn’t be a problem. If the bearing isn’t seating correctly, then try switching the bearing to the other side.

Use a bearing puller or needle nose pliers(and use a paper towel with 2 or 3 layers, a jar opener, or something between the pliers and bearing). Gently rock it back and forth in one direction, do not use a circular motion, to free the bearing from the post.

1 Like

The wedge uses a standard “C” size bearing. You can use the butt end of a 1/4" drill inserted in the bearing socket to remove the bearing. (Assuming it’s not stuck on the side with the axle in it.)

1 Like