YYF Shutter vs YYO Aura?

Do you know how to bind the yoyo? (If you don’t know what bind means then you don’t know how)

Been binding for quite a while!

-Do you have a yoyo that you own or played with that you have liked very much? Describe every detail. Eg. what kind of friction stickers you are using, cleaned bearing or not, and so on.

I really dig my Supernova with a cleaned CTX. My all time fave is the Strix with a cleaned SPEC.

-Do you have a preferred shape of the yoyo? Answer it by saying like the shape similar to this or that yoyo.

I don’t do organic.

-Do you have a preferred weight or weight distribution? Answer it saying similar to this or that yoyo.

If it’s over 67.8 grams it’s a no no. I like 65-66 grams most of the time.

-What trick are you currently working on?

I’m working on a cool wrist mount PAC man thingy

Do you want a yoyo to Thumb grind or arm grind good?

Nah not really.

I hope that helps. I have roughly 50 dollars to spend and these seem pretty neat.

Both are more V-shaped. The Aura is very much a V-shape, while the Shutter retains some H-shape characteristics.

Both are winners.

The Shutter, get it blasted and get a CenterTrac in there. The Aura as-ships is fine with me. I know you said you don’t care about grinds but the blasted Shutters just feel better in the hand.

Even though you don’t care about grinds, both are great at horizontal. Both can handle the finger spins fantastic but they do it in different ways. The Shutter has a cup where-as the Aura has a concave area.

1 Like

Are blasted shutters available? I thought they were all polished.

The national champ editions are blasted

Havent tried the YYO, but you can’t go wrong with shutter. Havent tried the blasted one, but I would get that.

Yes

Regular Shutter:

http://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/981568_365247313605381_1544170844_o.jpg

Blasted Shutter:
http://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1421228_397575427039236_1454197007_o.jpg

You can sorta see the texture. Sorry, I didn’t want 2 blue Shutters. If I go for duplicates, I tend to like to mix it up, even if there are variants(such as blasting).