YYF Shutter Questions

Hello everyone!
I recently joined yoyoexpert, and in my introduction post, I stated that I am getting a YYF Shutter. Before I do, I have a few questions about it
*anyone can answer.

1. Is the shutter a good yoyo to get?
  2. On the shutter page, there’s a picture of a red/black shutter, a lime one, and the other special editions. Are the Spec. Editions the same shape, but a diff. color?
  3. The color choosing list says there are 0 red/blacks, 0 solid aqua, and 0 aqua champ. edition. When is the new shipment of these yoyos supposed to come?
  4. On the page, it also says that every purchase of the shutter comes with a tutorial from gentry stein. Is this true, and if it is, how do I get it, and how much does it cost?
  5. It looks like it was built off the G-Funk. Does that mean I will be able to remove the bearing w/ the tool?
  6. How do I lube the shutter, do i leave the bearing on or take it off?
    To whomever answered the questions, thank you.
  1. The shutter is definitely a great throw! Has a nice weight to it too, and as long as you already know how to bind, as you get better it will definitely be able to handle those crazy tricks.

2. Each edition should have the same specs, although some have a blasted finish which is better for grinds.

3. Not sure, those were the first that came to YYE, but the others that have the splash are amazing (they have a blast finish).

4. Not sure either, I know as much as you do about this ( I just read what it said).

5. Every yoyo’s bearing can be removed, and you can use a tool if it has a tight bearing seat.

6. There are alot of ways to lube a bearing, but using thin lube I usually just apply a small drop to the shield of the bearing. It takes around 2 days for the lube to break in but it does the trick. (There are a lot of different pin drop methods and such, but just a drop does the trick for me).

No Problem! ;D

1 Like
  1. It’s probably the best yoyo to get at that price, so yes. Many say it plays twice its price.

2. The special editions are “blasted.” This makes the yoyo better at “grinds.” Everything else is exactly the same.

3. You’ll want to contact YYE using the contact form and ask them personally. I’m assuming it won’t be too long until they get a restock. Maybe a few weeks at the most.

4. When you purchase the shutter, they automatically send you the tutorial by email free of charge.

5. Yes, you will be able to remove the bearing with the tool, like pretty much any other yoyo.

6. Go to the learn section, and scroll down to the “maintenance” section of this site. There will be a video that shows you how to lube your yoyo. When you do, you want to use a VERY tiny drop, or else your Shutter will become responsive. If you do put too much lube on and it becomes responsive, just play with it for a few hours and it will go unresponsive again eventually.

1 Like

Looks like a pretty good yoyo, I think I’m going to get one :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink: :wink: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You’ll love it :smiley:

The yoyo expert edition silver will be updated very soon. Scoop it up once it is available. Just saw it on YYE Instagram…

1 Like

You defiantly should, when I tried it I was so overwhelmed! Its amazing. A pro won the national contest with it!

I second this.