YYF Replay

Some of my favorite yoyos are bricks.

I am a little wary of unscrewing it or fooling with it too much. My early impressions tell me the innards are fragile.

There we have it.

A ā€˜floatyā€™ ā€˜brickā€™.

The more solid the better for me, and this is definitely solid. How does something feel ā€œcheap?ā€ :-\ I always thought it referred to something ā€œlightā€ or flimsy when I read that before.

Someone on IG removed the caps and posted that it plays better without them. Iā€™m not sure how credible that post was though. I wouldnā€™t take the risk myelf, but always get a chuckle, because it never takes people long to start tinkering and modding things. :smiley:

just got mine. it plays great. doesnā€™t feel like a brick at all to me. To me the regen felt kinda hollow and cheap, the replay definitely doesnā€™t, it has a nice solid feel to it with great spin time and balance. Iā€™ll have to play with it some more to figure out if itā€™ll replace the diffusion to as my edc but it just might.

Having played it more, Iā€™m growing to like it. Itā€™s a pretty good yoyo for the price.

I sort of like the Replay. But even after trying several different (and different types) of bearings it remains noisy and has too much vibe.

Thatā€™s strange, all the Replays we tried here were really smooth right out of the box. Did you try tightening/loosening it at all to see if that reduces the vibe?

Did you purchase it from us? If so, give us a call or send an email and we can help you out!

Really smooth? Really? Mine does vibe and itā€™s not quiet either, but I didnā€™t expect much else. I donā€™t have a problem with it, though now Iā€™m a little jealous of these really smooth Replays.

Would anyone else describe theirs that way?

Mine is very smooth for a plasticā€¦far smoother than ANY of the Yetiā€™s or other full plastics iā€™ve played. It most definitely plays better than the speedaholic. iā€™m not sure what type of plastic was used but it almost feels like it has some sort of blasted finish. It is hands down the best grinding plastic yoyo iā€™ve ever played (even far better than delrin). If you didnā€™t pick one of these up I would highly suggest itā€¦spins hard and stable and is EXTREMELY fun to play. Definitely the new record holder for best playing $15 yoyo!!! 8)

1 Like

Mine has a Yeti pulse, which is completely understandable.

With vibe you kinda go through stages. In the first stage, you donā€™t know what it is, so you couldnā€™t care less. When you realize what vibe is, you obsess over it. Then after some years, you finally learn to love it and forget about it again.

I donā€™t mind the little pulse at all. :slight_smile:

Like hubstacks?

1 Like

I think itā€™s more like counterweight.

Now Iā€™m sad that Chuck and Jensen are gone :sob:

Mine was too. I tightened it a fair bit past the arrows and now it is much smoother and quieter.

Iā€™d like to try tightening it even more, but I donā€™t know how far I can before shattering it.

I screwed mine together, and it was practically right at the arrows at that point. It played smooth from there.

A plastic yo-yo is only going to be so smooth. Replay is smoother than the other yo-yos I own in that price range, and smoother than many more that are more expensive.

Yeah. I do not own a Replay, and while plastic yo-yos are notorious for being difficult to tune, I know that they must be tune-able. I have not yet encountered a plastic yo-yo that I have been unable to tune.

How can I tune my unresponsive modded Classic then? What are some things I can do? Itā€™s very vibey.

This thing is super vibey, like 5/10 smoothness how do I fix it?

There are many methods.

I would suggest unscrewing the axle and then screwing it in on the other side. If that doesnā€™t work, you should try playing around with how tight the axle is screwed in. I always screw my yo-yoā€™s together using the palms of my hands, so that when any sizable amount of resistance is felt, the yo-yo will stop screwing in. This place is a great start for tightening and loosening how tight the yo-yo is screwed together. Try using different bearings, too. Iā€™ve found that some yo-yoā€™s are smoother with some particular bearings.

Iā€™m terrible at describing how to tune, however, so if this doesnā€™t make any sense then Iā€™m sorry. Learning how to tune a yo-yo will come with time and practice, but it is an invaluable tool. Many times I have encountered a yo-yo deemed ā€œvibeyā€ and brought it back over to the smooth side by simply using some basic tuning methods.

Another method worth noting: teflon (plummerā€™s) tape. This stuff is magical.

Awesome Yo-yo for $15 ;D
Great job YoYoFactory!!!

^ Wow, nice images there. Have you guys seen the new color Replays popping up? Maybe blue and green are coming. ;D YoyoFactory posted this one:

From @yoyofactory Instagram:

https://scontent-lga1-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11363688_1629340690642097_605118103_n.jpg

Eric Koloski posted this one on his IG account:

https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/11355131_1399411127053582_1907049142_n.jpg