YYF One Star or Grind Machine

That’s why I’m trying to recommend heavier yoyos. The extra weight will translate to better spin times on a good throw. I think your choice of the Protostar or Northstar would be ideal. I really like the Chaser, it’s heavy but plays fast and light, but it is heavy and may wear you down.

While I don’t care for the delrin Severe, I think it would be an awesome upgrade for you. A good quality yoyo doesn’t have to break the bank. It will also be in your best interest to have something pretty decent at this point, so why not spoil yourself a little? You’re only going to benefit from this in the long run anyways.

For me, I like going with a lighter yoyo when I’m trying to refine stuff. I start off on wider yoyos to help land tricks. I’ll move to different shapes and widths to ensure I’m not dependent on the size to land the tricks. Then when I’m working on longer stuff, the lighter stuff throws another challenge at me. That’s how I like to to work.

It isn’t, what’s your budget now? 15-30-35-47

The Protostar is a great yoyo, it is very durable unless you drop it off your roof on top of a two story house. It might crack but not break. I have a friend who owns a cracked one, it plays perfect still.

He’s the Severe is more durable being delrin in all but for you I would go for the protostar.