Yyf Humminbird problems

It seems no matter what bearing I put in it it plays great but catches randomly when it’s no supposed to. I can try the bearings on other YoYos and they’ll be unresponsive. Do you think bearing seat is just too tight? You gotta give the bearing a push to get it on. Been practicing my talon grinds a lot lately but never can on this thing because it snags. Any ideas?

1 Like

-Try thinner string
-Try nylon if you are using poly
-Replace response pads with recessed flowable
-Try different style of bearing

2 Likes

I’ve never used nylon… and I have flowabale to inject but I have never done it… I guess I’ll try the strings first

2 Likes

@G2_Jake has a great video on how to apply silicone. Basically you flow it into the response groove then using the rounded corner of a credit card you are able to recess the silicone leaving a concave response rather than a flush response like a pad. I have found that this will significantly reduce snaginess and will also increase spin time/performance.

Airetic slims are a great nylon option.

1 Like

Mad appreciate the tips will put them into affect. Never thought about doing that that makes so much sense :exploding_head:

Now to actually do it properly lol

I would start with trying thinner strings. The Hummingbird doesn’t have a particularly wide gap, which can make it feel snaggy if you have thicker strings and you are trying to do tech tricks while it is still spinning at its fastest.

3 Likes