YYF G5 2010 Review (Pics Coming Soon)

Hey, what’s up guys. For the next 6 days, I’ve got 4 throws to review. I’m going to be starting off with the 2010 YYF G5.

Specs:

Shape: Concave
Material: Metal
Diameter: 56mm
Thickness: 37mm
Weight: 69gm
Play style: String Trick
Axle or Bearing type: Bearing C
Special Features: Take Apart
Friction Sticker: 2
Skill Level: 5 (why?)

1st Impressions:

When I got this, I noticed a very colorful, splash artwork on the box with the logo on the top. I was shocked because I have a DV888, and, as most may know, YYF’s usual box is black. This was a nice change.

So, I took the yoyo out. WOW! I loved the shape! It seems thin as far as width is concerned, but, TBH, this is really a… squished Genesis. It’s hard to explain it, but I wasn’t sure. It’s a very comfortable shape. The edges are rounded as to avoid a painful catch, and the gap is perfect - perfect width for unresponsive play, and just right for a good bind. Very comfortable. I chose the black colorway, which was an excellent choice. It’s sharp. It gives it that “Don’t mess with me” kind of feel. The stacks are amazing as well, with their colorful looks.

First Throw:

This thing is fast. Don’t let it fool you. It’s heavier than most throws, but the weight feels right for this yoyo. On the first throw, the yoyo was loud. Not unbearable, but loud. I took the stacks off, and it was almost silent. It really was amazing. It zoomed around, up, and through strings. Amazing.
This yoyo has a slight floaty feel. It’s perfect. It has an amazing feel at 69g. A slight vibe is present, but, when I took the stacks off, the vibe was less. Last, this throw is stable. It’s so forgiving. I haven’t been able to make it tilt yet.

Stacks:
Not much to say here. This is my first stacked yoyo, and I’ve had fun with them. I have yet to master the catch with my left hand, but I’ve pretty much got it down with my right. Awesome colors, too. :slight_smile:

Response:
The response is the standard K-Pad. It’s a nice choice. I like them much more than the CBC slim pads. No snag at all, and tight binds every time. Definitely a good choice.

Final Thoughts:
This yoyo is definitely a good choice for throws. A bit on the loud side with stacks on, but a ninja without them. Once again, this yoyo is the perfect speed. It zooms. It’s floaty, but not too floaty, which is odd, considering the weight. The box and colors were amazing. It’s got tight binds. This yoyo is stable. It’s amazing. Not a tilt at all. The surface is perfect for grinding. Not a problem at all with grinds. It’s smooth no matter what

This yoyo is a bit on the pricey side, but, it’s completely worth it. It’s not perfect,as nothing is, but it’s definitely my main throw for now :slight_smile:

I hope you enjoyed this review.

PICS COMING SOON

NEXT REVIEW: YYJ ENEME

2 Likes