Yyf from china?

And while on the subject, are companies obligated by the law to label ‘made in China’ somewhere on the product and or packaging if they are made there?

I don’t think that country of origin is required, but I could be wrong.

That is a really good question though!

They are not (at least that I can find) required by U.S. law to state something was made in China…but I was once told by a YYF affiliate that China requires them to put it on the product and I’ve heard of these laws existing from U.S. and China…however, I have seen several other items manufactured there including yoyo’s that have no China branding on them. :-\

and what would be the sense of this thing?
So why not make even a page for the “Made in Japan” … one for the “Made in Germany, one for the” Made in Italy ", etc.

I don’t know for sure, but I would guess it’s because YYE is based in the US, it’s a way to promote the stuff made in USA for obvious reasons. If I had a store based in Indonesia I probably would’ve done the same too.

could be… but I give me the idea of something haughty … as if to say that things MAde in USA must be distinguished because they have an added value …

if I had a shop, I would not do… but the world is beautiful peche is varied.

The way I was told is that it is a matter of pride for the Chinese, no one wants to have “made in china” put on their throw.

Given the reputation of YYE, it would have never crossed my mind they would go and ‘trick’ people like that.
I see it solely as them wanting to promote USA products because YYE is a US based company. By selling more US made products, it helps the industries within USA to grow, industries growing = better economy, simple as that.
I don’t know why it has to be assumed negatively.

Some of you guys are not from the US so you may not be aware of a cultural movement that has taken place over the course of several decades.
I’m not going to try and summarize the whole thing–I’m sure yoyodoc can do that in another thread :D–but the idea is that when buying US made products, you are supporting US manufacturing which has struggled over the past few decades.

thanks for the clarification!
no, I could not know … in Italy is not so.

In fact we do not see anything negative … I consider it just a strange thing … and that’s why I asked.

Our made in China product states batch, factory and origin of manufacturing in line with CPSA (federal) requirements.

You can find the law in section 14(a)(5) of the Consumer Product Safety Act, 15 U.S.C. §2063(a)(5) (CPSA). (The requirement was originally part of section 103 of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008(CPSIA) (Public Law 110-314).)

Removed some of the personal attacking/baiting. Let’s keep the conversation civil. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t even care what they make in China, or don’t, but have to add that both YoyoFactory models mentioned the most here, Turntable and VK ss, play amazing. It was so nice to see that Turntable get another run. I have black and raw, but need that blue one now. Don’t miss the opportunity to get it the second time around.

With Turntable I got to play a few months ago … Really an amazing yoyo! I Never would have thought.

I always wanted to get one, but paying even near a hundred dollars for a yoyo used to seem insane to me. I was luckily able to trade for one just recently and definitely agree that it is an amazing yoyo! :slight_smile: