YYF Boss

I’m looking at getting a Boss. I see other places that the Boss looks different than on Yoyo Expert. Is that an old model or something?

The Boss you’re currently seeing on yoyoexpert is the new version that was just released a few days ago. The other ones you’ll find on google images and possibly other stores is the old version from a few years back.

1 Like

Would a Boss be a good yoyo for me? I want to play 1A, I want metal, I don’t want to spend more than $50, I want long spin time, I want something stable, and not to big.

Sounds like you need a Horizon

I’m kinda looking at something smaller. What is it about the boss that doesn’t qualify? Would the Boss work for finger grinds?

The Kilter 2 is a far better choice than the Boss.

It’s got a larger diameter, finger grinds well, has acidwash finishes and comes with a 10 ball string centering bearing.

1 Like

What’s the spin time on a Boss?

Depends on the shoes he’s wearing, the floor, his weight, and his pose. ;D

1 Like

What’s the spin time on a YYF Boss yoyo?

:smiley: Oh, now you’re being specific. LOL

It’s probably pretty good considering it’s a YoYoFactory. Certainly long enough to knock out some killer contest combos.
Ian Clark used one at Southeast Classic and got 3rd. This was one of the older Boss yoyos though.

1 Like

Is the old YYF Boss a better yoyo?

Would the Rebellion Lilliputian be a better or worse than the YYF Boss?

The majority of new yo-yos are going to spin long enough and perform well enough to handle any combo you can throw. That’s not a slight against your skill in any way, most new yo-yos perform up to the standards of today’s players. You’ll be happy with whatever you choose - Boss, Kilter 2, or lilliputian - all good choices.

1 Like

I always felt like the old boss was really underrated. I had one for long time before I gave it to a friend. Very solid yet light and fast, extremely good yoyo for tech play and such.
Don’t really know why I gave it away, shoulda given him something else haha.

1 Like

Hi guys, I can’t decide between the YYF Boss and Rebellion Lilliputian. Any advice?

I’ve never played either one but since I prefer centering bearings, I would probably actually go toward the Rebellion. Kind of feel like the Rebellion would give a little more power as well as there appears to be slightly more rim weight. In the end I’m pretty sure you won’t be disappointed with either one.

1 Like

For $30 The new Boss is a great undersized yoyo. I own the new model and the older model, both play solid. If undersized is what your looking for check it out.

1 Like

I guess I like the bearing of the Rebellion better and the graphics, but the Boss seems to have a better shape.

I just can’t imagine why YYF did not put a centertrac in the Boss… it’s a real turn off to buy it. I mean, they put them in everything these days, even in the Replay Pro selling for $16.

Does the YYF Boss require a bearing removal tool?