YYE prices gone up?

So I’m window shopping online at YYE (which I often do) and have noticed that all the prices were up by 30-40%. At first I thought it was showing me in Canadian but I do not think that’s the case. It must be a glitch or something. As an example; string that was 7.99 is now 11.00. Has anyone else noticed this and or could you look? Maybe there’s something wrong at my end … :thinking:

2 Likes

Got a link to the item? I can click and see what it shows for me.

It’s possible that prices on some stuff has gone up due to the stupid price of diesel fuel but a 30-40% hike seems odd.

Ivan

3 Likes

You seem to be correct, a Duncan Windrunner is now $79, the 5a Shutter that was $35 is now $62.

3 Likes

I am pretty sure the shutter and Windrunner were on sale before to clear old stock . They just had a rerelease so I imagine that is why the price went up

I haven’t noticed any price going up for most yo-yo companies

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it is just showing the price in your local currency

Never showed CAD before on my end and the amounts are close enough given the exchange calculator I used. Plus the price stays the same if I take it all the way to confirming a purchase whereas before paypal had to be the one to convert it.

3 Likes

Not seeing anything on my end, that’s super weird

Yea it’s showing in CAD ,I got a prompt to change it the other day and all the prices are now viewing in CAD(which I most definitely appreciate) ….BUT it Further solidifies how low our dollar is (compared to USD)AND that it’s THE WORST being a yoyo collector in Canada :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Hey all, I have noticed this too. I am in Australia and it seems the price now reflects the AUD. I would prefer it to be still is USD.

1 Like

The price in USD helps me to work out what to buy to qualify for the free basic international shipping offer (which I use every time I order as it just makes sense)

2 Likes

You are so correct and this is what I’ve been crying about for the past few months :cry: YYE needs to have a Canadian customer appreciation day and sell at par :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Isn’t it insane that Canadians are paying 40% more … crazy :crazy_face:

Its not yoyoexpert fault though…

4 Likes

This isn’t how exchange rates work.

The euro/yen/yuan have all been trending downwards in relation to USD. Just throwing it out there that you don’t have to import from the US. Yoyos aren’t immune to global economic trends, and it’s not like YYE can do anything about it.

7 Likes

Absolutely not!

2 Likes

Just to be clear, I am not blaming YYE for anything! Sheer economical frustration, that’s all :blush:

7 Likes

The CDN prices are gone now … so nowhere near as scary :laughing: