YYE Old Timers? 5+ Forum Years?

Do you ever read through your old posts and just cringe? Here’s a 5-year-old post from 14 year old me, What was my problem?

8 Likes

You were merely testing your mettle!

My 14 year old me posts would be on dial up modem BBSes…

6 Likes

What was @mr.nightshadow95 thinking with his username 5 years ago? lol

I’ve been here 10 years man, when I look back at my old posts I cringe like crazy. Seeing 10 year old me post is hilarious.

3 Likes

That is sure a long time. I do remember a couple posts from you back in the day. I certainly don’t hop on here nearly as much as I used to though.

3 Likes

Lots of cringe posts, I posted some cringe videos that I have since deleted too :sweat_smile:

Noob 13 yr old me asking for DON help

@yuki_onitsura was very helpful In my early stages of yoyoing. I remember my ultimate goal was to learn ladder escape and Yuki gave me some tips on it and a few other basic tricks, I thought he must be a pro or something :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

And my 14 year old me (well, actually, 16 year old me) would be on a dial up modem connected to a Honeywell DPS8 mainframe running Multics. Man those were good days.

2 Likes

My 14 year old posts woulda been on a typewriter…

6 Likes

10+ years on YYE. Before that YYN, ES, theYo, SkillToys, YYG… how many different forums over how many years can I prattle on about the same stuff?
A lot, evidently.

6 Likes

I remember posts from you back in the day as well! I was actually happy to see you when I came back a few months ago, I was worried I wouldn’t recognize anyone!

2 Likes

I’ve posted so much that my older posts have been deleted. This was before the switch to the New Forums™.

I still miss YoYoNation :sob:

7 Likes

Yeah same here, glad there are still a few familiar faces around😊

1 Like

Agreed, YYN was the best.

Yeah my posts were cringy. But if you think my posts are cringy, you should see my videos from 10 years ago :joy:

2 Likes

Only 4 years on this account, but I looked around the forums and this website a while before that (about 5 years ago).

2 Likes

Pretty much the same except for only 9 years on YYE.
You left out Yomania, Ed.

3 Likes

Haven’t really seen anything too cringe-worthy out of me, just the struggles of Wrist Mounts…ok I take that back. My “reviews” on yoyos when I was still in intermediate territory. Today, I feel like I’d have a far better grasp on what I was talking about but at the same time it’s fun to look back at what my thoughts/experiences were during that time with the limited variety of yoyos I’ve played/owned.

Edit: (About to age myself) Wow, didn’t realize I’ve been a member here since late 2010. Makes sense, that’s when I bought my Popstar shortly after joining.

1 Like

I’ve been around these parts on and off since 2012. Admittedly, the last few times I’ve come back around have been to sell and trade. YYE BST FTW. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

:rofl: And the old Duncan board, I guess lol.
I actually used Yomania quite a bit for reviews, but never to communicate!

3 Likes

Here since '08, so I was 48 when I joined.

3 Likes

17 when I first started in 07 and then joined a yoyo forum at 09 or 10 so yeah, I recently came back and now here I am at 28, it’s been a while since I was even on this account.

3 Likes