Yuuksta- does it take silicone?

Yea, so does the Yuuksta take silicone? Or must it have pads? Thanks in advance.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say by the looks of the response recess, that yes it can.
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong :slight_smile:

It will take silicone just fine.

I wouldn’t sili it though just because once the pads wear down it is totally unresponsive and still has tight binds.

Sili worked great in it for me but I prefer silicone to pads

pads that are worn down make slippy binds, and i would suggest siling it because its cheaper and better

Some grammar would be nice.

Also if your pads give slippy binds try using string that has cotton or 100% cotton string. Cotton string gives tighter binds.

I’ve had my yuuksta for a long time now and have not had more than 10 binds slip, however I do use a 70/30 poly cotton string.

Ew cotton. Enjoy your skin while it lasts.

2 Likes

It made my finger bleed. lol, it also broke in 20 minutes and gave slippy binds. I hate cotton.

Any yoyo with a o-rings or k-pad groove are easy to sili. Here is a tut: http://www.highspeedyoyo.com/modding/installing-red-rtv-in-a-yo-yo

I made some 100% cotton string, believe it or not but it plays just as good as poly.

I think you just cant tell the difference

No, Mi, there is some cotton thread that plays really nicely. I’ve been using it for the past year and a half.

I have absolutely no issues with cotton or semi-cotton strings…

Odd. Mine is terrible and rips up my fingers.

Because it bad quality cotton, there are some cotton strings like the free cheap string that some stores give. Those crappy cheap cottons are no match to good cotton. The only problem I find with good cotton is that is more expensive that poly, at a craft store I buy a 500yards of poly for 20 cents but the cotton is 1.11$.