YoYoStringLab

Any difference with the ammo and type 1/2?

Yes, AMMO is thicker and more like Type X in feel and performance than Types 1 & 2. Some like the added weight for slacks and trick binds.

what is the thinnest & softest string that you guys carry?

I am giving type x and ammo a shot. I’ve been meaning to try type x for a while. I’m not ashamed to say it I’m finally getting around to it because you named some string ammo. This will be my first go at YoyoStringLab products.

Type 1, 2 & X are pretty similar in thickness, and Type 2 is probably the softest.

Lol, I’ll have to thank JD for naming it Ammo, so you would give it a shot.

Icwutudidthurrrr

Anyway, as I bought one of the Kendamas being sold at YYE I bought a tube of Ocean Blue ammo. Can’t wait.

Really like the string. A bit rougher than the type x. Nothing bad about ammo at all. Really hard to decide what to use sometimes- x or ammo? Currently use each in my go to throws.

How many strands in X? How many strands in ammo? Just curious if you can answer. Thanks for a great product.

Thanks! I am glad that people like both. Yeah, AMMO is a little rougher, but mostly due to it’s larger size, so it isn’t a bunch.

I try not to worry too much about how many strands as a measure of anything. I’ve seen nice results with different thread weights and all kinds of counts. I try to focus more on performance and feel and let the chips fall where they do to get there. That said, it’s no secret, anyone can snip and count 12 & 14.

So you send free sample packs of like 1 string

These types of requests are better handled by PM.

Just ordered a pack of neon yellow Ammo along with some other stuff, can’t wait to try it out once it gets here!

At first I wasn’t to sure about the ammo. Its a bit thicker then I like but I am so glad I gave it a shot. It’s so freaking soft and had a nice bounce to it. IMO when you have a really soft string you sacrifice whipping capabilities but this stuff whips well and its probably my favorite string for suicides. Im looking forward to buying more and also trying the lefty string. Thanks for finally making quality string for left handed throwers.

I think people are getting confused. I was sending out sample packs of Types 1, 2 and X a few months ago and still plan to do so in the future (including AMMO this time).

To anyone who’s been PMing me (quite a few people), I’ve got a list of 5 people who sent PMs months ago and they’ll be getting their 4 free strings first, as befits the rules of life. Everyone else will have to wait until I have more string to give away.

Also, the purpose of my sending out free string is so that whoever receives it will seriously consider switching to YYSL as their string of choice. If you don’t think you’ll like YYSL or have already tried it, don’t ask for free string. I want to spread the word that YYSL is absolutely fantastic, not just give out free string to those who have already decided that they either love it or don’t care for it.

On a lighter note, AMMO is my new favorite string! I’ve been throwing it constantly for the past few weeks and am very impressed with it. Matt, you and JD certainly make a great team! I urge anyone who hasn’t tried it yet to pick up a 10-pack (in an awesome tube, too!) with their next order from YYE. It’ll be the best ~$6.00 you ever spend on yoyoing!

Showed my 4-year old my tube of ammo. He promptly “stole” (I gave it to him because I could see how much he wanted it) the tube for his “Schiahnce 'Speriments”. :wink:

One should be able to pick up one of the the stands pretty soon.

1 Like

We’ve got something fun to drop at BAC. It’s a signature of sorts for someone who has been incredibly helpful just because they really like our string. Stop by our table and check it out.

Can’t wait to hang out and have some fun watching all of the freestyles.

any hints ? :o

Is it Zype???

I love Ammo. Amazing string. Amazing colors. Good for whips, slacks etc. Can’t wait to see what you guys make next.