12 Likes

OhYesYo Hexada in texture white and neon pink

13 Likes

Summit in deep flip flop purple.

16 Likes

SPYY Stryker

14 Likes

How long do these take to do?

For instance, how long does it take to make a glossy white one?

How long did it take to do the transparent colored ones?

And how much does it cost you in materials to do them?

Do you do this as a service?

3 Likes

Dif-E-Yo Tank in textured white

15 Likes

Some VTWOs

14 Likes

Hey man! So it really depends on whether the yoyo needs to be stripped of anodizing or not. If the yoyo needs to be stripped, then it usually takes a couple hours to chemically strip the anodize and then prep the surface. Powder coating itself is fairly quick, just spray it and bake it for 10mins then letting it cool. If the yoyo is raw and the response pads are already out, then it’s very quick. I just have to wipe it down with some acetone then get it rigged up for powder coating.

The translucent coats take a bit longer as the yoyo needs to be polished to a mirror finish prior for the best results.

Materials wise, it’s pretty cheap. The tools needed are expensive. A lb of powder costs $15 to $20 average, and will do many yoyos.

Yes I do do this as a service! Feel free to shoot me a message if you’re interested!

16 Likes

how does powder coating even work?

2 Likes

Check out some videos on YouTube, they explain it more clearly than I ever could!

1 Like

Oh-ho! A hubstacked FiReal? So cool!

Are you using a metal lathe, there?

3 Likes

12 Likes

That stryker looks great and the resto qould probably be a treat to play with stacks.

1 Like

Yep!

2 Likes

this explains everything.

Hubstacked a Hatrick and powder coated it in a textured white. Very smooth still!

17 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

It’s always a treat to check out what @yoyospirit is doing. I’ve always loved the way the polishes and powder coats appear so perfectly. I always thought it would be fun to see one in real life.

Hope you start posting more often yoyospirit, it’s good to see you again!

6 Likes

Thank you! And I’ve been around haha, lurking mainly.

6 Likes

You wanna try to powder coat and hubstack a Smashing Poppet?

4 Likes