Yoyos in Mind

sleep time isn’t just the yoyo. If you have a very strong, solid and straight throw, your yoyo will sleep for a longer amount of time. Cleaning your bearing is something a lot of yoyoers do to increase sleep times. This is not necessary, but if you want to clean your bearing i believe Samad has already made a cleaning thread. And remember that people are developing ways to clean bearings without doing minor damage to them.

cheers but surly my yoyo wont need cleaning if i only got it to day, (or does cleaning bearing not actually “clean” them! i have noticed my yoyo tilting slightly so i guess thats my throw! i have only been yoyoin 2 months! seems il have to paractice more what a shame! haha!

Please don’t swear. Im pretty sure our fellow posters would appreciate it and yeah its all about practice. My sleeper is strong but I sometimes tilt to the left a little. Just make sure to not turn your hand on the draw and wait until it is sleeping and flick your wrist! Im sure you will master it in no time!

Mark

so sorry about my language! in england that word isnt really considered swearing! but non the less! :-[ apologies! sorry guys! and cheers for the advise il keep practicing!

Hahaha. I know what you mean. Like in Hong Kong and in Canada!

lol! its weird we speak the same language but with so many differences!

I know! do you know, it is calculated that in about 150 years, our languages will not be interchangable and will sound like two completely different languages. It’s sad really.

really!? thats crazy! yeah it is sad!

Well, then I can learn another language! If I live that long…

I have a Legacy and a DM. With the KK(concave) bearing they are both excellent players. They are almost the same in every aspect, except that the Legacy is plastic, has a silicon response system and has a fixed gap; the Dark Magic has hybrid response system, has an adjustable gap and is made of plastic with metal shims. How ever, I think it’s all about preference and price range, so check out this links and decide which yo-yo you like best.

Legacy review: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,276.0.html
Dark Magic review: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,155.0.html

Remember, yoyoing is a sport.

Well, I was planning Speeder or Dark Magic. How is the hybrid response? I have a FAST 201 so I wouldn’t know.

i do like the Hybrid, and it is better then double o-ring stock IMO. I don’t mind the buzzing, but thats me. However, if you silicone both grooves in dbl O-Ring, it is way better.

Hey guys. Turns out my parents won’t let me get the Speeder or Dark Magic. I have to decide between the Speed Maker or Legacy. Which one do you guys recommend if I like to play fast and long spin times. Also, which one is more balanced?

Legacy.

Would you like to elaborate on that? That doesn’t really give me a reason to choose the Legacy. I’m not looking for a “because it’s awesome” comment either. Please some decent reason that can back up your claim in something against the opposing yoyo.

Ok. The Speed Maker is fast. But how fast compared to the Legacy? Which one is smoother, which one spins faster and which one is more stable? How will the weight of the legacy affect the speed in which you can do tricks? Which one’s speed is less affected by continuous string tricks? I’m still at an impass.

Legacy. However, its more sluggish IMO, because it is a lot heavier. So, I think you should get the Speed Maker to fit your style.

Um you didn’t fully answer but ok. Do you think if I use a KK on the Speed Maker, it will spin a decent time? like 3 min?