YoyoRecreation compatible axles?

I don’t know how much axles from the various brands differ from each other, so I figured I’d ask. Is there a replacement axle available here on YYE that would fit a YYR Inevitable?

1 Like

Any axle that is the same size as that axle will fit the inevitable

almost all modern yoyos use M4 x0.7 set screws as their axles. just make sure to get one that matches the length and you’ll be good. can even get them at local hardware stores for cheap

1 Like

I think he’s asking about axle length .

The one already in the yoyo measures about 8mm. The strange issue I’m discovering is that axles screw in smoothly one way, but not the other way. And not just the axle that came stock in the yoyo. I also tried a couple of extra axles that came in one of my Hummingbird boxes. Same thing. Maybe this is just an artifact of the manufacturing process and it is common to all axles?

Are you sure it’s not the threads in the shell?

I certainly considered it. But if the inner threads of the yoyo were messed up then no axle would screw in perfectly smoothly. But all the axles I tested did so, just only on one side of them.

i havent experienced that with another yoyo before, you sure its not just that yoyo?

I actually have that problem with my Valkyrie. It doesn’t seem to go in smoothly after I unscrewed it once