Yoyorecreation...but I never had their creations!

:sunglasses:

11 Likes

In full silver, looks good but not my favourite colourway but I have to play with it not bring it out on a date :rofl:

Those are the pictures of it, actually it’s my first yoyo in raw:

10 Likes

That’s actually my favorite color. I didn’t like raw/clear for a long time, but now it is my first choice if I can get it.

2 Likes

The Yoyorecreation Helvetica. It’s currently the best overall yoyo I’ve used. I’ve used very expensive Japanese made titaniums and bimetals.

7 Likes

I fiend for a sigtyr but the prices are not worth it ;-;

1 Like

I can echo this sentiment, the Helvetica is very good. I also like the optima, plays slower/heavier than the Helvetica but I find it flows more. The rest of the typeface series is a bit weird (I think I’ve played every one except the impact), these are the two best ones for me.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m with you on that one. I’m not sure I’d ever buy an Impact or Comic Sans.

Ok guys received yesterday my first YYR, the Chopstick Gorilla, I decide for this one as it was at a very good price shipped and also close to home, other than that I did not had any yoyo with a similar weight, bimetal. I passed with it around 5 hours so those are some considerations, taking in account that I do not have any honeymoon with yoyos, my honeymoon start to happen only if I really like the product with time, let’s say that I am full Italian, before I like to date a lot and then fall in love slowly.

Let’s start with the playing, now I understand when people speak about the weight, all my yoyos have a similar weight around 63 gr, this one goes at 65gr and it’s true you can feel those 2 gr.
While it didn’t make my hands tired (I mean we speak about 2gr different than usual lol), I did like the feel of it on the string, is a very compact throw, you can feel his presence and every time you land a slack or a laceration you can feel “safe” when the yoyo land in the correct string.
As the name and his player said this yoyo should be great for chopstick and it really is, I have at least 2 chopstick passages in every combo I do and it is really comfortable for my hands, also the shape is very comfortable, I like yoyo with this size as they makes me feel easier to go through the strings during combos and this yoyo respect that feeling as well.

The spin time is absolutely insane, I do not know if it’s cause the bimetal, the shape or the way is done (and also the great YYR bearings) but this yoyo spin for ages, I did some one minute throw and bind without problems at the end of it, all my combos went through smoothly and easy, I start to create some new combos yesterday and it’s so easy to work with this yoyo, it’s just spin so long that you don’t mind to bind it frequently when do mistakes, I did really appreciate that, I think it can be my “go to” yoyo when I create new combos, this is what I mostly like about this throw.

I noticed it’s very strong on bind, I did not appreciate this characteristic, I like yoyos “hard” to bind as unresponsive as they can be, I like to do tricks against the yoyo rotation and where this is quite a bit of string around the bearing, I see that this yoyo has a quite aggressive responsive on bind, maybe are the pads new or the bearing a bit lube (it doesn’t go back to my hands just throwing a sleeper but if I do a bind is very responsive), I thought the gap was a bit narrow (seems like that) but is exactly in the norm at 4.50mm, I will give it more break in time, the yoyo is basically mint in the box, I do not think the previous owner used it a lot so it need time to get used and break in.

Now, I hope to do not trigger anyone with what I am about to say but, while the overall quality is fantastic (seriously this yoyo looks amazing and the bearing is so silent and smooth) I do not think from my point of view the price is justified, I bought it for 80$ shipped (which is still a lot but fine for this throw) but the price of the new one is 180$ which is mental.
I have no doubt that this yoyo is done with quality, I can feel it and I can see it, it doesn’t have a flaw and the finishing looks great in the hand but so are the same many yoyos that I have in the 50/60$ price range (new monometal) or maximum 100$ for new bimetals (Durendal is an example and I will see with the Duncan when arrive as it is traveling from America to here).
I can understand YYR is kind of a premium company and this always fascinated me but from what I seen and touched is not much more premium than other products I used/have in my case which cost less than the half of this yoyo new.
Also true the theory that you can do the price you want and if people buy it good for you.

I would love other YYR? Mmmmmh probably yes but still in the used market as I cannot justify those very high prices from my point of view (and my wallet)

8 Likes

Good to see high-end yoyo from YYR
I had tried few of them, but they had never disappointed me.

But $80 is too much for a yo-yo with these characteristics? … Things that make you go “hmmm”.

My “mmmh” is related only to the price for the new, the 80$ I pay is the price second hand which can be overall fine (considering the new), 180$ seems quite over to me (or at least for my pockets), maybe I worded it wrongly as english is not my first language.

What I was saying is that you can find high quality product even with half of the price and with pretty much the same characteristics (or probably even the same but I never tried every yoyo ever created to say that) and this was referred also to other people like me that can’t/don’t want to spend 180$ on a single yoyo.

I bought a YYR because I was years that I wanted one in my collection and I like the overall aesthetic of the brand and it’s players, I need it? for sure not, I am happy to play and have it? for sure yes.

Other than that I specify that I would like to have/try even more of them but always in the second hand market because (again) for me are a bit over priced (and also for my wallet)

2 Likes

I haven’t loved many of the Chopsticks Gorilla colorways on BST, but I have to say, that raw version is pretty nice. I’ve started to gravitate more to raw … they look shiny and classy and (theoretically) hide scratches a bit more. Thanks for your write-up.

3 Likes

I am enjoying the raw version as well with a nice yellow neon string looks quite classy I agree on that!
Also the ones with black rims looks nice to me, it’s also a very good yoyo honestly, I didn’t pass many hours with it (around 5 or bit more now) but it play quite well also depending of what you look from a yoyo, for us players with small hands is for sure a good solution with very good performances

6 Likes

Hmmm just wanna clarify the chopsticks was sold for £80 (around $97). Don’t wanna drag down the second hand market price too much XD

6 Likes